The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
We are unique in that we have the ability to reason and our brains have a usable complexity unequalled by any other living creature.
Except of course for the fact that many other creatures do have the ability to reason and this has been known and well documented for going 40 + years

While humans do have more ability to reason in greater complexity , the ability to reason is not unique to humans . And it appears at times many do not utilize that ability to it's potential. Which was the point of Quote

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
"Having a species is a pretty low bar". Sorry don't understand. All living things are one species or another and you and I are currently specified as "Homo Sapiens" - the title itself is rather arrogant

Like all other species, we are driven by the same two or three basic instincts.
Our mutations drive us to make things to control our environment and to increase our chances of ....back to basic instincts.

No, we are no better than any other species, and probably, less civilised than many.
We eat other species. May not make us better but it definitely puts us higher on the old food chain. And, I never expressed remorse when I cut the grass.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Except of course for the fact that many other creatures do have the ability to reason and this has been known and well documented for going 40 + years

While humans do have more ability to reason in greater complexity , the ability to reason is not unique to humans . And it appears at times many do not utilize that ability to it's potential. Which was the point of Quote
Reasoning is just the function of a brain. All but Man devote the majority of their reasoning towards getting food or getting laid. Ours is applied in more abstract ways, like which bridge pains are better.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Reasoning is just the function of a brain. All but Man devote the majority of their reasoning towards getting food or getting laid. Ours is applied in more abstract ways, like which bridge pains are better.
Didn't say there isn't a difference in the level of functioning , said the function was not unique to humans

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 AM

My guesses were Gilligan, Charles Manson, or Shemp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic