The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-10-2017, 12:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
Glad to hear that & thanks again!
Maury, thanks.

Just a quick bump to let everyone know our red models are finally back in stock (see photo below). More accurately: We have the BLANKS back in stock but still need a couple weeks to turn them into picks. As crazy as it sounds, our red models sell three-to-one over everything else in our catalog. Beautiful stuff.

take care,
scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Teardrop CU 2.jpg (37.6 KB, 99 views)
Old 03-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Hey Scott I'm waiting for your super-secret prototypes to be released as well as the new color of the red material!! 😆

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Hi Scott, I have the .75 triangles, and the .60 picks, and like them both very much. Now, do you have the triangle reds? Thanks
Old 03-10-2017, 06:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Hey Scott I'm waiting for your super-secret prototypes to be released as well as the new color of the red material!! ��

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Todd, the material for the new series you tested is in the barn with a green light, but realistically we're 60-90 days from a release date. The line is a go though, with many positive reviews. This is a brand-new material to the industry; we're really excited about it. We've spent an entire year testing it in the field. Wish it could happen sooner.

The material to replace the red is also in the barn -- enough to make more than a thousand units on the first run -- but I'm sandbagging till we've run through all the red. At this point it looks like red inventory will be exhausted around the beginning of summer, somewhere in there.

Shhhhhhhhhh.....

memmer
Old 03-10-2017, 11:12 PM

New player here, who never thought he would spend more than a few bucks on a small bag of picks 😏

Just ordered a "Red", and after reading the glowing reviews, I am really anxious to receive my "precious". The descriptions I read are ones you normally hear attributed to the instrument itself, and assumed to have nothing to do with the pick (at least from my novice point of view).

I tend to lose picks, so I was thinking it would be a great product sideline to have a sort of pick pouch that could be attached safely to the guitar or case that would safely hold a $45 pick. 😱
Old 03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfreggie View Post
Hi Scott, I have the .75 triangles, and the .60 picks, and like them both very much. Now, do you have the triangle reds? Thanks
Reg, hi, sorry for delayed response. The red material is completely different from the brown models you like so much. That particular material is very rigid, almost like bone with almost no flex and because of this can be compromised if sanded too thin. The other problem is we only have enough red material to last us till maybe summer, then it's gone forever. Because of the scarcity we're offering only two models in red -- 1.0 mm teardrop and 1.15 mm large triangle.

Sorry,
Scott
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy View Post
New player here, who never thought he would spend more than a few bucks on a small bag of picks 😏

Just ordered a "Red", and after reading the glowing reviews, I am really anxious to receive my "precious". The descriptions I read are ones you normally hear attributed to the instrument itself, and assumed to have nothing to do with the pick (at least from my novice point of view).

I tend to lose picks, so I was thinking it would be a great product sideline to have a sort of pick pouch that could be attached safely to the guitar or case that would safely hold a $45 pick. 😱
Hoosier, yeah, a pouch, something like that, will happen as we expand. We have some other ideas that might interest others, but this is a few years down the road.

I don't think we've shipped yours yet. Sorry for delay. Peddling as fast as we can.

take care,
scott
Old 03-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
.... would be a great product sideline to have a sort of pick pouch that could be attached safely to the guitar or case that would safely hold a $45 pick. 😱
you can have what you want: start here to see the options>

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=guitar+pic...QL._SL160_.jpg

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Old 03-25-2017, 11:01 AM
AGF Sponsor

Amy, thanks. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

scott
Old 04-02-2017, 01:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

Hoosier, has this rolled in yet? I never seem to be able to correlate user names with real names. You folks choose some strange names online, although you must at least be a basketball fan.

Anyway, let me know here or PM. We're just filling orders now from those dates. Eventually we'll catch up.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Just received my brown 1.15 teardrop. I absolutely love it! Been playing for decades, but fairly recently switched to flatpicking a dreadnaught in a bluegrass band (after playing rock and jazz.) So I am slowly changing all of my gear. A bandmate told me about Charmed Life picks. He lent me a handful of different picks to try...Wegen, Blue Chip and Charmed life. The Charmed Life won me over hands down.

I contacted Scott to find out if they had any thicker picks from what I had seen the last time I checked out their website. He told me about the new 1.15mm brown. Ordered it and I couldn't be happier. I am a convert for sure. I never paid more for a pick than what I could scrounge in change out my couch cushion, but believe me these are worth every penny! If you are willing to shell out hundreds or thousands for a guitar, you have to spend the few extra dollars on a pick that makes the most of that instrument and your playing. Plus the customer service was top notch. Answered all of my questions and really went the extra mile.

Well done guys!!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Just want to agree very loudly with the earlier post that CL's attention to thinner pick designs is both smart and appreciated! With the superior materials being used, it is possible to get both stiffness and "snap" in a thin pick, and IMO that results in amazing feel. I'm glad CL is making picks in the thickness (thinness) most players, pros included, actually use rather than focusing on those thick, and sometimes extremely thick, picks that are more novelty than mainstream. Love these thin, stiff, precise, great-feeling, great-sounding picks! And happy to pay for them. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Fingers, thanks, as always. Cody, thanks as well. I'll respond in full later today when I'm done in the shop.

Yeah, you know, I was just STUNNED when I starting looking at the business a couple years ago and saw NONE of the premium suppliers making picks below 1.0 mm. I mean zero. The number one market in the world and you're not addressing it? I appreciate the kind words, Fingers, but to me this was a total no-brainer. It allowed us to immediately go to market and grab a foothold by making something NOBODY was offering. D'Oh!

Okay, I'm starting to sales pitch and I'll pull back. I get too excited. Sorry. Please just read the other posts in this long thread and watch Maury's videos and you be the judge. We're grateful for all the kind words. I've always felt AGF members get the real skinny from other members, not from a Sponsor trying to sell you something.

I'm most grateful for the hundreds of new friends I've gained through CLP. That, to me, is the more important than the sales and marketing thing. I just treat people the way I want to be treated -- what a concept! -- from the time I was brainwashed as a Boy Scout at, what, nine years old.

Let me also recommend some other picks to try, good companies to support: Blue Chip, Red Bear, Wegen, Dunlop (esp the Primetones), Gravity, V-Picks -- and I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. We woudn't exist if it weren't for the first two companies. I want everyone to support these companies listed here because they've earned your business through their hard work. We're all working very hard to bring you the best picks made from the best materials. It's a very exciting time to be an acoustic player and discover manmade plastics that approach genuine TS in performance and feel.

Thanks, Everyone!
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 04-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion