The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Thumbs up Simon & Patrick Concert Hall Showcase Mahogany Burnt Umber!

Just spotted a super nice little Canadian made guitar at my local music store here in Atlantic Canada. Made by Simon & Patrick (Godin). It's called a
"Concert Hall Showcase Mahogany Burnt Umber - Ltd"

Regular price was $999.00 CDN ($747.00 USD) but now on sale for $880.00 CDN ($658.00 UD). Comes with airtight hardshell case too.

I guess the main reason that I'm bothering to post this is that I never even considered a S&P (or Godin and the rest of their off-shoots) before. They never were on my radar but talk about getting an education lately!

Now the last thing that I need now is another guitar, actually my wife would probably have me commited if I show up with another one, I just bought two acoustics in a two week span, so she'll kill me if I strike again.

But wow this little S&P was a real little stunner! Beautiful to look at, it has a pressure tested solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides. The finish is really nice too with a nice glossy treatment.

This brand is a heck of a bargain, if I were in the position to buy another acoustic, this is probably one of the biggest bangs for the buck out there, if I were shopping for an OM-type guitar this would be the one that I'd chose and not have to break the bank in the process.

The sound was amazing too, a nice high quality Canadian made guitar which would cost well over double in the more well known brands. Way to go Godin!

Maybe one day I might be able to add this one to my collection, all I have ever owned are dreadnoughts, so this would help round out my collection. All in good time though.

It looks better in person than it does in these photos BTW. But it was the nice loud, lively sound that really impressed me! And all solid spruce, solid mahogany. Can't beat this at that price point IMHO.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/files/7...ac0b477184.jpg

https://www.long-mcquade.com/files/7...433b49f6d9.jpg

https://www.long-mcquade.com/files/7...ad75acfd53.jpg
Old 03-25-2017, 02:11 PM

Looks like a Canada-exclusive model. Godins are indeed underrated, as I've played and owned enough of them to know. I've moved on up to the "next level" but remain an advocate of Godin.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 PM

My first decent acoustic was (still is) a S&P. I've been playing this guitar since 1983 and while I have better guitars it is still a winner. I would buy another if there was a dealer nearby.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:12 PM

Yeah, it is an L&M exclusive in Canada. I have an S&P Woodland Pro Folk. One fine guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion