The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-25-2017, 11:00 PM

Default Josh Rouse song Rise with my trio

Hi all,

I've been playing with in a trio format the last few months and I really love the guys I'm playing with and the wide open space of just three instruments. We've been playing house concerts and that's been a good fit for us. This morning we learned and arranged the Josh Rouse song, Rise. I wasn't sure if we could make it work because the recorded version is a very elaborate and lush arrangement.

We recorded a reference version at the end of practice so we wouldn't forget the arrangement. It's a little raggedy at the end, but overall I really like the sound. Recorded with an H2 in the middle of room. The guitar is my Santa Cruz Vintage Southerner with a Baggs L1 for a little boost. Overall, the volume is room level with no mic on the vocal. Good idea to listen with headphones to hear the bass fully.

Just wanted to share- thanks for listening!

Rich

https://app.box.com/s/az4aeh9vt783z7rprxe09fbayls2viqw

Last edited by richnrbq; 02-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Guest 33123

Excellent!
Old 02-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Nice job Rich! It has a "room" sound the way it's recorded. Kind of like being there, right in the middle of your trio. Cool...

- Glenn
Old 02-26-2017, 12:24 PM

Doug, thanks for listening! You are quite a fine player, friend...

And Glenn, thanks for the comment about the room feeling of the recording. One of the things I'm appreciating so much about the trio, after playing in loud bands and rehearsing with a PA for so many years, is the room level feel of it. Thanks for listening- I appreciate your playing and singing as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell