The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Default A Shout Out to Sweetwater

I just ordered and received three pickups for my acoustics from Sweetwater.
Not only did I get a great discount and free fast-shipping, but some picks I ordered to try out were given to me free. While it wasn't a lot of money, the mere fact that it was done is a reflection of a company that cares about their customers.I have had many great buying experiences from these folks in the heartland who are known for including a little bag of candy with each purchase. Their sales staff is always patient, knowledgeable and spends as much time as you want helping you. Additionally, there is always a follow up email and phone call to make sure you received your order in good shape and everything is satisfactory. I highly recommend them as a source for your gear!

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 02-17-2017, 09:09 PM

I'll second that. I'm a huge fan of SW as well. Best service in the industry.
Martin OMC-18E
Taylor 512ce 12-fret
Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Yep. They do their best to get it right. Hard to argue against SW when you are planning a purchase.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:18 AM

Sweetwater rocks. Most of my guitars came from them....

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th
Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

I've been a Sweetwater customer since PI (pre-Internet ) around 1991. I was phasing out of bar bands and started writing and wanted to record. Home recording back then was a mysterious and illusive novelty. There were no music stores in my area that sold anything that resembled recording gear except for the SM57 mic and balanced cables. I went to the library because they had phone books from different cities and I made a list of music stores within a couple hundred miles. Sweetwater was three guys working out of a small house on Bass Road in Fort Wayne back then. It was Chuck (the owner) Jim Swain and another fella. Jim helped me with my purchase of the newly released, hot from winter NAAM show Tascam four track cassette recorder. It was a fairly sizable machine with 4 xlr inpus as well as balanced and unbalanced inputs I believe. It had a mixer section and it was like learning a new language to me.

My little home studio would continue to grow right along with Sweetwater from that four track to the Alesis adat 8 track to two more adats and then the Alesis HD24. I can't even think of all the recording gear that I have purchased over the years from them. They host lots of great guitar and recording related seminars there. I've met Bob Taylor and Paul Reed Smith there as well as many legendary music producers and studio folk.

The current facility is really something to see. It's not really a music store. Oddly enough, when you consider everything that is under their roof, world class recording studios, conference hall, small theater, large cafeteria, it's almost like the music store part is an afterthought but they still do that part so well. If you get the chance to take in a guitar or studio seminar or even the gear fest in the fall, you will be very impressed. It's quite the place for sure.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Most of my guitars came from Sweetwater as well. Great service and great sales associates.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 PM

And their 420 EPA is fantastic!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 09:24 PM

Just kidding. I've had great experiences with the Ft. Wayne variant of Sweetwater. Their customer service is second to none.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2017, 08:59 AM

I find Sweetwater to be a little more proactive than I require. The last thing I purchased there was a tambourine for a very brief recording project.
I received a call some weeks later asking me a list of obviously pre scripted questions about my experience, including:

Do I have any questions concerning the operation of my new gear?

Did it's performance meet my expectations?

Do I want to hear about accessories that can enhance it's performance?

Well, it's a tambourine. I shook it, and a jangly sound emanated from it, so I guess I'm good.
Then he called back about a week later, probably unaware that we had just discussed all the technical aspects of the unit the week before. I know how sales is, but it can be a bit much.
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

I've had consistently great service from Sweetwater. I've purchased a few guitars from them, and the experience has always exceeded my expectations (price, shipping, etc.), as well as many, many accessories. I usually look to them first for my music needs.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:45 PM

I received this letter from Sweetwater
Dear Victor,

Thank you very much for choosing Sweetwater for your recent purchase! We're honored that we have earned your trust and your business. We hope that you will continue to turn to Sweetwater for all of your equipment needs.

We encourage you to offer your comments, positive or negative, regarding your experience working with us and with Scott Brobst, your personal Sales Engineer. Just respond to this message, and Scott will be happy to personally get back to you or to refer your comments to the appropriate manager.

Also, please don't forget about our free technical support! You can reach the tech staff by phone at (800) 222-4700 x6400, or by e-mail at [email protected]. You can also find answers to many questions by using SweetCare, at www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare ! Many, if not all, of your questions can be answered immediately (and at any hour of the day) by drawing on this huge resource.

If you have questions about your current equipment, need a helping hand, or are looking for more new gear, then please give us a call at (800) 222-4700. Scott's extension is 1788. You can also e-mail Scott at [email protected].

Once again, thank you from all of us here at Sweetwater. We look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Sincerely,

Chuck Surack, President and CEO, [email protected]
Jeff Radke, Executive Vice President and CSO, [email protected]
John Hopkins, Executive Vice President and COO, [email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic