The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 AM

Default Just purchased Lucky 13 on Ebay

Morning all,
I had played a White CA Cargo guitar locally & went back to purchase it & it sold! I heard about Emerald's mail out program last summer & it never happened. I was directed to this site by Emerald Instruments. There is so much information on the Carbon Fiber thread I was overwhelmed. Then I noticed the Lucky 13. I just bought the one listed new on Ebay for $1700. I can't wait to play it with my Henriksen Bud Acoustic Amplifier. Then will work on thinning out my herd of Guitars & Amps.

New to Forum's.
1995 Taylor 612C
1999 Taylor 855 12 string
1956 Fender strat reissue
Martin Andy Summer guitar
Fender Kingston C custom shop dreadnaught
Lucky 13......
Old 02-10-2017, 10:20 AM

I bought one of those as well. Mine showed up with white tuner buttons instead of black and there were lines showing through the top, only noticeable when there was a strong reflection. I wrote to Balckbird and sent a picture and was told by Joe that it was the bracing bleeding though. I also had that confirmed by my tech.

I immediately asked to return it and the seller took forever to answer the emails so I ultimately got eBay involved and he finally agreed to accept it back. He also offered a replacement or a substantial discount. I took the discount. He told me he bought many L13s in a big box so it won't ship in a Blackbird box. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Guest 928

Rip;

Congratulations on your find and buy. And welcome to a really interesting forum. I started with a Cargo which began a long transition from wood to carbon fiber instruments. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the 13; I've heard it's a lucky guitar.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new guitar and welcome aboard! This CF forum is a good resource... and a great source of entertainment. Enjoy your L13!

Jim
Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of carbon fiber guitars! Enjoy the 13, it's a terrific guitar.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Oh no! He probably sold it to me. I had Blackbird-Joe look at it yesterday on ebay & he said unlikely new because they don't have ebay resalers. I wonder how it slipped through quality control? I was going for the CA Cargo then read the thread about the E string issue. How long ago did this take place?

Last edited by ripio011; 02-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripio011 View Post
Oh no! He probably sold it to me. I had Blackbird-Joe look at it yesterday on ebay & he didn't mention your event or warn me. He did say unlikely new because they don't have ebay resalers. I wonder how it slipped through quality control? I was going for the CA Cargo then read the thread about the E string issue. How long ago did this take place?
I kept the L13 with the brace bleeding though so you won't get "that one". I just got it back from my tech for a set up and it's a great guitar so I'm happy. Mine was built in July 2014. The pictures he posted on his ad he got from the Blackbird site. The guitar will ship from Quebec, Canada.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:44 PM

Congrats! I love my Lucky 13. I also like the Cargo, you would have been happy with that as well.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Guest 928

I liked my CA Cargo. I really likeed my Peavey/CA, white Cargo. It is a phenomenal instrument. Unfortunately, neither came in nylon.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Rlawton, I sent you a private message about guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber