The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 12-04-2016, 10:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Take a Gander: Charmed Life Red. The most beautiful pick in the world

Meet the most beautiful guitar pick you're likely to ever see. And it sounds every bit as good as it looks.

There's a long story on how the red series came to be. The short version is: We searched for more than two years all over the globe to find the most beautiful plastic we could find. The moment I saw this material, I knew we'd found it. We bought the last four sheets in existence and had to pay SERIOUS shipping charges to ship it 8000 miles to our door. When they're gone, they're gone forever.

This is the IDENTICAL material as our tortoise series, with the same industry-leading tone.

These sell for $39.95 each for the standard teardrops (351 shape)

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/prod...5-e73f82e143c5

and $45.00 for the standard large triangle (no holes, 346 shape)

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/prod...9-86a636a45f78

-- and, as always, these prices include free freight. These are ideal for a gift and are quite collectible. They are 100% handmade. We actually had to raise prices slightly to slow down sales. Even though these cost almost twice what anything else in our catalog sells for, it is our Number #1 seller by almost three-to-one. Who knew? And the tone is other-worldly (see member reviews on the main board).

Right now we are offering ONLY one teardrop and one triangle, the teardrop at 1.0 mm, the tri at 1.15. Being 100% handmade, we need about two weeks lead time to prepare these for you.

thanks so much,
scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-11-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Just a bump. We're getting flooded with orders on the red, and it's not even up on the site yet. We're hoping to have it up in the next 24 hours.

thanks,
scott
Old 12-07-2016, 09:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

We now have this item in stock and are filling orders. This material is even more stunning than the photo shows.

sm
Old 12-09-2016, 02:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Here is a new AGF thread with customer reviews of our new red models. They sound as good as they look:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=452072
Old 12-15-2016, 09:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

Update:

These are selling very briskly. Right now we have less than a hundred blanks in stock until the next run comes in next year.

For early orders we are hand-selecting each individual pick for the most stunning pattern of coloration. These sheets are not popped out by a machine but lovingly fashioned by a small supplier of ours. Like snowflakes, no two patterns are exactly alike.

On the teardrop model: We stock these only at 1.15 mm. However, for a reasonable fee ($5.00-10.00), we can pull one off the line and make a custom one custom for you, anywhere from 1.0 mm up to about 1.40 mm. These are a perfect holiday gift and also highly collectible. If interested, please contact me directly at charmedlifepicks @gmail for details
Old 12-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Scott....I ordered one of the reds in the Tri model, when do you think those will be shipping? Also, are you able to go 1.4 on those as well?

Thx brother!

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2016, 06:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

Todd, hi, I just prepped the first two dozen of Reds today; however, I don't believe I have any blanks that thick. I'll have to check and get back to you. I actually have another very good tortoise customer who just emailed me today asking the same exact question on the Red Tri.

Todd, I DO have thicker blanks coming in around this time next week, and I could cut you one that thick at that time. However, we're shutting it down between Christmas and New Years and I don't think I'll have time to get it out to you by next Friday.

I would suggest is taking the thickest one I can find right now and fiddle with it, and then we can swap later, if you like, for the thicker one, which probably wouldn't be till the first week in January. I'm hoping/planning to ship every Red order currently in-house by Tuesday 12/20.

Todd, I'm gonna email you another unrelated thing.

Please Note, Folks: Todd is one of our best customers so I'm cutting him some slack on a thicker Red. As stated on the website, I have no choice but to charge a little extra for custom orders, as we have to pull it off the line as we run them.

thanks,
scott
Old 12-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Todd, hi, I just prepped the first two dozen of Reds today; however, I don't believe I have any blanks that thick. I'll have to check and get back to you. I actually have another very good tortoise customer who just emailed me today asking the same exact question on the Red Tri.

Todd, I DO have thicker blanks coming in around this time next week, and I could cut you one that thick at that time. However, we're shutting it down between Christmas and New Years and I don't think I'll have time to get it out to you by next Friday.

I would suggest is taking the thickest one I can find right now and fiddle with it, and then we can swap later, if you like, for the thicker one, which probably wouldn't be till the first week in January. I'm hoping/planning to ship every Red order currently in-house by Tuesday 12/20.

Todd, I'm gonna email you another unrelated thing.

Please Note, Folks: Todd is one of our best customers so I'm cutting him some slack on a thicker Red. As stated on the website, I have no choice but to charge a little extra for custom orders, as we have to pull it off the line as we run them.

thanks,
scott
I'm up for that.

Thx sir...

Todd

P.S. lol... keep me in the loop when that prototype that I was testing are in production available for purchase.... [emoji41]

Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I'm up for that.

Thx sir...

Todd

P.S. lol... keep me in the loop when that prototype that I was testing are in production available for purchase.... [emoji41]

Sorry for slow response, Todd. How is that Red model treating you?

Anyway, Todd, on the prototype you've been playing, we've already got the material in the barn -- that isn't the issue for us. We can pull the trigger in thirty days. We already know how to work this material, and yes, it makes for a very very good plectrum. It performs straight up against the brown series models. I guess it's kinda fun, cuz it builds suspense, since this is a brand-new material to the industry.

First off, as a business person, I've got to wait till NAMM to see what the other pick vendors are doing. That's just smart business. Then we'll take a close at the next line. The second thing is, though, we need to solve some minor manufacturing challenges before we go full throttle. We've pretty much nailed the processes from start to finish on the brown series, but the Tortoise (and Red) are quite the challenge. We'll figure it out, but realistically it will probably take till summer to nail it. Then watch out!

I'm still hand finishing every single tortoise and red pick, and this has to go away to reach the kind of growth we already see happening with CLP. Other vendors proudly proclaim they're "all handmade." I totally disagree with this approach. Human hands make mistakes, raise costs, and don't allow you to dial in tolerances (thickness, shape, size, etc.). We're going to move to full automation on both lines ASAP, but this will take time.

As for the prototype material, I might release just a couple models -- two teardrops, one or two tris -- around Feb-March. You have my permission to keep bugging me.

Prototype Players Needed: Folks, I might be looking for "a few good men" or "women" as part of our pool of players and testers. If interested, please don't PM me here, but instead email me directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.

Thanks, Everyone. We're having a lot of fun, but working our little -------s off.

scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 01-05-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm too busy to post them, but reviews have been stunning on the new Red models. People are telling us we hit another home run. I'm such a bonehead, I'm sure I'll make a mistake somewhere down the line, but lucky so far.

sm

I don't even have time to post them, but the Charmed Life red models are getting fabulous reviews.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 01-20-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

We are getting ridiculously strong reviews on these models. No time to post them at the moment. We hit another home run.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

We've sold through our first allotment of tri models in red, but will have more around mid Feb.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

These have quickly become our Number #1 seller, almost three-to-one over anything else we sell. We have enough material to make about three hundred more, then they're gone forever.

Thanks for Looking,
Scott
Old 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM

Any chance in getting a tri-red in a .75? I'm really liking the brown one I bought...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace