The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 01-27-2017, 09:32 AM

Yes, Steve's described the Epiphone 175 premium neck perfectly.

Too thin and narrow for me, personally, but I can see how some folks would be over the moon about 'em. My hand felt crampy after a bit of playing, but I will tell ya--I could BURN on that thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 01-31-2017, 04:19 PM

I recently started working part time at a guitar store in Fredericksburg, just a little bit of a drive from you.

The first day working I tried out a beautiful Eastman 372. The ES-175 copy. like dit a lot. If they are all as nice as that one, they are winners! They have a blond one as well.

I'm comfortable playing bigger guitars, my regular #1 is a Gretsch 5127. I owned an ES-340 for about 18 years. Acoustically, I prefer a smaller body, a Gibson Keb Mo is my favorite currently. The 372 was very comfortable and I have a feeling I would have no issue playing it for long gigs.

The neck was a nice rounded D shape, fuller than a slim C, or even a Fender modern C. That was part of what really makes me like that guitar. The bodies were super resonant, really a pleasure to play acoustically. The Kent Armstrong humbuckers were nice. Typical PAF style humbucker sound.

It's been a good while since I've played a Loar, but I think the Eastmans are a little nicer. I'd be pretty powerless if they produced a florentine cutaway guitar with P-90s....

Please, check out my band, The Dear Johns
Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis39 View Post
...It's been a good while since I've played a Loar...I'd be pretty powerless if they produced a florentine cutaway guitar with P-90's...
http://www.theloar.com/products/arch...chtop-lh-302-t

Bad to the bone...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops