The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-11-2016, 07:13 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default Builders going to Santa Barbara show need guitar player?

Possibly this thread should be somewhere else, but in the interest of reaching the AGF builder community I thought I'd post it here. I have a Canadian friend who is a professional guitarist and I am trying to help him get more exposure in the US. He is bringing out his firs CD soon, and is one of the finest players I've had personal contact with. Young, energetic. Plays a lot of Phil Keaggy tunes and Tommy Emmanuel, as well as a number of his own. I personally think he plays Amazing Grace better than Tommy himself...just to give you a feel for how good this guy is.

Anyway, to the point. He is looking for builders who would like someone to play their guitars at the show. He's also open to other performance opportunities. I'm trying to help him connect with some of you to help pay the expenses of getting there from Canada. If you have an interest, let me know with a PM and I'll send you anything directly on him that you want including some videos and/or contact info.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:09 AM

Maybe simply posting his video/website links right here rather than replying to PMs would entice more builders. Plus, I do not build guitars but am still rather intrigued to know a player who plays better than TE

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Maybe simply posting his video/website links right here rather than replying to PMs would entice more builders. Plus, I do not build guitars but am still rather intrigued to know a player who plays better than TE
Ok Marcus, let me "qualify" that statement....I did not say he played better than Tommy. Fact is, in my book Tommy is one of the greatest (next to you of course ). But, I DO like this guys cover of Tommy's song better personally. It has some extra "flow" to it in my opinion, but possibly not an opinion shared by everyone.

At the moment, my guy is wanting to stay a little under the radar, and frankly I'm trying to work a little behind the scenes to convince him to come if I can gather some support. So, for the moment. Pm's are welcomed. Marcus, I'll send you a video later this morning.

Last edited by invguy921; 06-11-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Ok Marcus, let me "qualify" that statement....I did not say he played better than Tommy. Fact is, in my book Tommy is one of the greatest (next to you of course ). But, I DO like this guys cover of Tommy's song better personally. It has some extra "flow" to it in my opinion possibly not shared by everyone.

At the moment, my guy is wanting to stay a little under the radar, and frankly I'm trying to work a little behind the scenes to convince him to come if I can gather some support. So, for the moment. Pm's are welcomed. Marcus, I'll send you a video later this morning.
Haha!! Even if I played the guitar for a few centuries, I don't think I would ever be as good as Tommy and that is very likely a fact!

I understand. I look forward to the video!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Well, Mike delivered as promised. I would have to say that he's a pretty darn good player from what I've seen. Any luthiers looking for a representative for the SBAIC should definitely not hesitate to contact Mike about this

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-11-2016, 05:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Many of the exhibitors already have players lined up. There was a deadline to submit your player so it could be put into the program. Have him contact the show owner, Kevin Gilles, directly through the link at the top of the custom forum. Kevin would know if there are any openings left.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Here's my friend Jesse. He wrote a song in honor of Christina Grimme. It needs to be shared.

A song in honour of Christina Grimmie. "Your song will bring the freedom the world needs. Never let go of it. Healing will rise from the ashes, and sing a new song.” The morning I heard the tragic news of Christina Grimmies passing, I was shocked, it didn’t feel real. Although I never knew her personally, it felt as though a dear friend had just passed away. I was sitting at the dinner table that morning and I heard God say “you have a voice”. I felt an urgency to write a song in honour of Christina, her voice, and her legacy. I also feel that “you have a voice” is a word for this generation in this season. It's also for the young people out there who have experienced a loss of their voice. Nothing can silence your voice, the world needs you, never let go of the sound that only you can bring.-----That’s my heart behind “You Have A Voice”. It’s a declaration of hope over a generation. Thank you Christina for your legacy. You will be missed. I look forward to singing with you on the other side.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases