The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 AM
The Foreigner

Default Fingerstyle Piece (from Lee Guitars)

I just got an email about a contest organized by Lee Guitars:

http://www.nokia.com.sg/rockguitar

I don't think the contest itself will be of much interest to forum members here (since it's only open to residents of Malaysia and Singapore). I'm not entering myself since I couldn't write an original tune in a million years . But I thought the solo piece they were using for the preliminary rounds might be useful to those at the intermediate fingerstyle level:

Video
Tab

It's not a terribly inventive composition and is plagued by predictable melody/harmony (as is typical of songs from our region, and something I wish they'd break out of!). Having said that, I think the arrangement is pretty and straightforward enough to be worth a try if you're fairly new to fingerstyle. And hey....it's free

P.S. Don't even bother with the Lee Guitars website unless you can read Chinese. There's no English version as far as I can tell
Transcriptions

(Yes, my PM Inbox is always full. For now, please send me an email at [my agf username]@gmail.com )

Last edited by mmmaak; 09-19-2008 at 04:06 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion