The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 PM

I was going to suggest a used Epi Masterbilt or Guild GAD and a Lyric. Not a fan of the K&K recordings I've heard. Every one has had a woofy\puffy sound on the bottom-end attack that I wouldn't be able to tolerate. They might be nice dual-sourced...but you're getting way over your $600. I've had nice results with a GAD 25 /Lyric but it's gotta be eq'd just right. Every option has its pros and cons. $600 will limit your choices. Natual sounding amplified acoustic costs some dough. Good luck with your search.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 PM

Thank you Steven! I plan to dual-source my Martin after I track down a decent A/E. I know the cost goal is limiting me, but it's going to be a backup.

Out of curiosity, have you installed a Lyric? They seem pretty easy to install, and though I am fairly certain I am going to get a K&K dual-source, and I still a ways away from pulling the trigger on amplifying the Martin. If you've installed a Lyric and can give some pointers, that would help! I will probably start another thread when I decide to electrify the 000-15M.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 PM

Just wanted to check back in with anyone following my initial question. I finally decided to follow Oldguy64's advice and look into the Alvarez guitars with dual-source electronics. I checked out the AD60CE and think it's a pretty incredible guitar for the money. By blending the AST and UST, it allows me to avoid the quack! Finally!

Thank you for the advice everyone! The next step will probably be making the 000-15M an A/E. While the K&K feels like the right option right now, I'll make sure to "pole the crowd" before pulling the trigger.

Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:04 AM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2...%2BPic%2B2.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E...%2BPic%2B1.png

I just realized that I never posted pictures of the new guitar. I hope I did it right...

Martin 000-15M, Cordoba Fusion 14 RS, Alvarez AD60CE, Ibanez M510 Mandolin, Fishman Loudbox Mini, Fender Hwy 1 Tele, Fender MIM Strat w/ Custom 54 pups, American Fender Pro Jr

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion