The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-13-2022, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Have you installed a SBT in your Emerald?

I have an X-20 and am thinking about installing either a K&K Pure Mini or an Ultra Tonic pickup. I'd be interested in hearing comments from anyone that's done that. Any installation issues, recommendations or problems with how the pickup worked on your Emerald?

BTW for anyone thinking about installing a pickup you may be wondering if the surface needs to be prepped. I've seen a few threads where people either sanded the bridge plate surface flat or applied a layer of epoxy. I don't recall asking Emerald to prep the guitar for a possible install and the bridge plate (see below) doesn't look like its had any epoxy applied, though it could have been sanded. I emailed this image to Emerald to ask them about it and they said it should be good to go as is.

x20-s.jpg
Old 12-14-2022, 09:03 AM

If they said it's OK as is, take their word for it! Interesting they're using bolts now - I hadn't seen the inside of the new bridge design.

I have a Schatten HFN V/T in my X20 and am very happy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber