The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 01:55 PM

Default Rent a Tonerite

I know this is a very subjective point of contention on this forum. Just wondering if anyone knows where one could rent one? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2018, 02:10 PM

I am thinking of buying one just to rent. I figure. Can get $25.00 for 2 weeks.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:14 PM

One thing to consider before renting or buying one is where you live at this time of year. If you're in a cold climate and don't have a humidified room dedicated to your guitars you aren't going to want to leave them out of their cases for the two or more weeks you'll want to leave the Tonerite running on one. BTW, I own one and they do work. I live in Iowa though and will not use it this time of year with my house sitting at 25% humidity or lower.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:23 PM

Great point and I agree
Old 01-18-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
I know this is a very subjective point of contention on this forum. Just wondering if anyone knows where one could rent one? Thanks!
Deal of the Day: You pay shipping both ways and agree to make a minimum $25 donation to the AGF and I'll loan you mine for a month.

win-win for all. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 01-18-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_D View Post
One thing to consider before renting or buying one is where you live at this time of year. If you're in a cold climate and don't have a humidified room dedicated to your guitars you aren't going to want to leave them out of their cases for the two or more weeks you'll want to leave the Tonerite running on one. BTW, I own one and they do work. I live in Iowa though and will not use it this time of year with my house sitting at 25% humidity or lower.
An important point... The guitars need to be ideally hung on on a stand with minimal contact to maximize vibration. You can't do a Tonerite in a case.

FWIW they can be had on Ebay for around $100. I friend loaned me his and I decided that with the number of guitars I have I was just better off to buy one. In addition to the initial long treatments, it's helpful to have one around for a periodic "wake-up" session.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion