The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-26-2017, 02:51 PM

Default Gov'nor and Reflector pedals are here...

Two more Marshall pedals arrived today.. the Gov'Nor OD pedal and the Reflector Reverb pedal....Great Overdrive and Great studio reverb, both are fine additions to my collection. The Gov'Nor overdrive sounds totally different than my other ones. It's the real deal. Sounds just like Neil Young's Rocking in the Free World. Easy to dial in a great sound....same with the reverb pedal....the Reflector sounds awesome when paired with the SuperVibe. A very nice combo.

One more Marshall pedal coming Friday, the Blues Breaker...

Still very sick....
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 04-26-2017, 05:18 PM

I wish I was your neighbour.

I've never tried the Gov'nor but it is on my list to try it one of these days. Have you tried stacking any of your ODs yet?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wish I was your neighbour.

I've never tried the Gov'nor but it is on my list to try it one of these days. Have you tried stacking any of your ODs yet?

No I haven't I'm too sick to spend much time on it right now. I'm coughing like crazy right now. I don't think you need to stack anything else with the Gov'Nor...it's pretty wild by itself.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-26-2017, 06:22 PM

I really like the reverse mode on the Reflector. Mixed low it adds some random craziness without being overwhelming.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:16 PM

Well I'm feeling a little better and am back at the music again. This Gov'Nor pedal has me intrigued. It has a similar grind as the other pedals I have but a much different tone, more rock and roll sounding. Where the DS1 is more generic. The Timmy is a lot cleaner sounding...I'm not sure what to make of it, but it is definitely a different color of sound in the coloring box. Certainly worth keeping. I'll have to mess with it some more...I'm glad I have it.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-27-2017, 02:40 PM

The Gov'Nor and the Timmy seem to work well together. The Timmy just multiplies what the Gov'Nor does...it seems to add some body to the sound...I'm definitely going to be using them together. Between the two there's a million different variations available....just playing around a little bit and I was able to find a very pleasing sound. I set the Timmy to have a clean sound and the Gov'Nor to have distortion and got a really nice blend.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-27-2017, 08:00 PM

The reflector reverb unit is really nice...I've been going to the plate reverb and it's just what I wanted. Sounds great on my songs.

One thing though, the previous owner took some paint and a small paint brush and marked the control knob so you can see where the setting is much more plainly. He used a yellow paint or fingernail polish. It's a nice improvement for sure. So I did the same with reddish orange polish on my other Marshall units. It helps. I also bought a clamp on LED lamp to light up my pedals so I can see what settings are what. Right after I installed it I reset my settings and it sounded much better. That lamp is nice. Tomorrow I get the last Marshall pedal and will take pictures then, because my board will be finalized. I re-arraigned a few things on the board to get my final picks all laid out they way I want it. I got rid of a few pedals and added a few and now it's just about the way I want it. All I can say is it sounds fantastic. It was a lot of work, but it's nice now.....
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars