The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Cool Lucero Acoustic Guitars

I have one , got it at GC a year ago , it plays well , the action is superb and sounds great . I wasn't even looking to buy one ( well O.K. I'm always on the hunt )
that day and stumbled on the price tag of $149.00 w/ tax $160.00 and bought a 000 HC for it @ 100.00 so it's in effect a $250.00 purchase for a great little axe .

http://luceroguitars.com/product/lc150sce/

Anyone else find out how good a guitar they make . Their prices are ridiculously low and their warranty is among the best .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 10-26-2017, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

I started looking at a Washburn and ran into this guitar at GC. After doing a little homework I went back and bought it. Very happy with it. Musicians Friend has them for 159.99 so G5C matched their own price.
I compared this guitar to the Cordoba C5ce they had at twice the price and I liked the sound and feel of the Lucero better, hands down.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:14 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Wow, that does seem a great deal! Here in New Zealand they'll stomp on my throat and extract a lot more than that for the 3/4 size entry level guitar that I'm about to buy for my kid. Wish we could get crazy deals like this one.

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:34 PM

I tried a couple different acoustic models in the Lucero line recently, while looking for an entry level classical guitar. The two Lucero models I tried in side by side comparisons just did not have quite the same sustain and overall tone quality that I felt with the Cordoba C5 model. I ended up with a C5 Ltd that I just picked up a couple weeks ago. Certainly not a big tonal difference between these models, my ear just seemed to prefer the Córdoba. The bubinga back and sides had me wishing I like the sound of the Lucero better because it was great looking. When I saw the new C5 Limited offering from Córdoba, I ordered one. The Lucero would have been completely satisfactory for me. I just gave a tonal edge to the Córdoba. And with the flamed mahogany back and sides on the new C5, I kinda felt like I got the best of both worlds.

Last edited by gmr; 10-26-2017 at 12:54 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical