The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Musical minimalist

Default Madagascar!!

I had a Cordoba C12 Limited a while back and really liked it. I found one the other day at a price I could live with - this one has MUCH nicer Madagascar back and sides. I've only had a little time with it since giving it the full body massage/setup and putting fresh strings on, but it appears it's also tonally a notch above the last one too! Thought some of you may enjoy seeing the wood!

Old 09-07-2017, 01:17 AM
Charter Member

Awesome racing stripe, love it!
Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 AM

That's a fine looking guitar there Todd! I bought the last C12 Limited that you sold and it was a very handsome guitar, though I agree the woods on this one are nicer. I didn't bond with it, however, so I sold it.

I thought I'd try the cedar version and bought a cedar C12 Limited off evilBay. When it arrived it turned out to be a standard C12 but boy did it sound good. So the seller refunded me some cash and it tuned out perfect. Maybe it's the cedar and maybe it's fluke but I like the cedar version much better.

I guess what I'm telling you is to try the cedar next young man!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoehler1 View Post

I guess what I'm telling you is to try the cedar next young man!
Interesting thing is that my ear likes a slightly brighter nylon....which mic's better for recording and performance.

This one is plenty warm for me - I've A/B'ed it against my heavily modified C9 Spruce top for several hours. I like the 12 better acoustically, but the 9 better with a mic in front of it.

That's why it's already in the classifieds! Great guitar that most classical players would love, just a little too warm for my (odd) tastes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical