The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-17-2017, 07:31 PM

Default I did it

Well folks, this morning I finally did it and pulled the trigger on that gorgeous X7 Select Series Artisan 8/17. Transaction was flawless, after a couple of e-mails to Sean and prompt replies from him, the deal was sealed. In a week or so I should be holding in my hands that beautiful piece of engineering.
There are plenty of pics on the website, I seem to be going back to it to every couple of hours to admire the beautiful guitar I purchased.
Now the wait, my baby should be home in about a week.
Alvaro
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Anticipation Junkie

That's great to hear. Good on ya! Based on so many positive reviews of the X7, the odds are great that you're going to love it...especially a Select Series model. That headstock is to die for.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Wonderful guitar, took mine camping all week and played it until the neighbors complained. Which was just a bunch of hummingbirds! LOL
Congrats on a one of a kind beauty !
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Excellent choice! Can't wait...
Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
That's great to hear. Good on ya! Based on so many positive reviews of the X7, the odds are great that you're going to love it...especially a Select Series model. That headstock is to die for.
I see you got yourself a beauty as well, something like that would be light years for me, I am just learning to deal with one neck, never mind two of them
Old 08-17-2017, 08:27 PM

Your sure did it alright... nice!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations! I was wondering if anyone here would chime in as a lucky new owner of one of the August Select Series guitars. That is a gorgeous guitar! I hope you will enjoy that new beauty as much as I continue to enjoy my X7.

Oh, and that carved slotted headstock just knocks me out! We'll all be looking forward to your impressions when it arrives.

And, just to have a couple images of it in this thread...

Since, you didn't specifically mention the nylon, I'm assuming the steel string?

For the record, "tracking" is part of the fun!

Jim
Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 PM

Indeed it is the steel string, and yes the headstock looks amazing.
This is actually my retirement present to myself (retiring in October). Just learning (and struggling) to play the guitar, definitely way too much guitar for me, but I figured I wanted (been drooling over Emeralds) this guitar and jumped all over it.
In hindsight, I think I was set up. I had decided someday I'd get a X7 Artisan
Emerald, in red, wanted the K&K pick up, the slotted headstock although I loved the looks of it, I didn't think I'd go for due to the extra cost, I check out Emerald's August special series and there it is, my dream guitar, with all the specs I wanted, spent a bit more than I wanted, but then you only live once. If you ask me, it was meant to be. After 32 years of employment by the same employer I figured I'd treat myself to something I really wanted, so I grabbed it.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltamontes View Post
Indeed it is the steel string, and yes the headstock looks amazing.
This is actually my retirement present to myself (retiring in October). Just learning (and struggling) to play the guitar, definitely way too much guitar for me, but I figured I wanted it (been drooling over Emeralds) this guitar and jumped all over it.
In hindsight, I think I was set up. I had decided someday I'd get a X7 Artisan
Emerald, in red, wanted the K&K pick up, the slotted headstock although I loved the looks of it, I didn't think I'd go for due to the extra cost, I check out Emerald's August special series and there it is, my dream guitar, with all the specs I wanted, spent a bit more than I wanted, but then you only live once. If you ask me, it was meant to be. After 32 years of employment by the same employer I figured I'd treat myself to something I really wanted, so I grabbed it.
And that's what it's all about!
Old 08-17-2017, 09:30 PM

Does anyone know if Emerald sells guitar straps with their name/logo on them?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Does anyone know if Emerald sells guitar straps with their name/logo on them?
Good question. Not that I know of, but I doubt it. Fire-off an inquiry to Sean.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:43 PM

Now if they don't, that sounds like a challenge I might want to take on. I am somewhat crafty and might someday want to tackle such project. Years ago my kid got an electric guitar, for Christmas I made him a leather strap with his name on it, one of a kind and it turned out beautiful. Later on he sold the guitar, the strap he kept, and to this day his friends say it is the most beautiful strap ever. Lots of work, but well worth it
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Now if they don't, that sounds like a challenge I might want to take on. I am somewhat crafty and might someday want to tackle such project. Years ago my kid got an electric guitar, for Christmas I made him a leather strap with his name on it, one of a kind and it turned out beautiful. Later on he sold the guitar, the strap he kept, and to this day his friends say it is the most beautiful strap ever. Lots of work, but well worth it
Maybe Emerald would provide you with one or more of their metal hound logos for such a project that you can somehow embed. We know they make them in silver, but I know they have also done some in gold. My first Chimaera had gold ones when I had asked for it.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Great idea, I'll shoot them an email, my guitar ships tomorrow
Old 08-17-2017, 10:22 PM

Congrats to you; that is a stunningly beautiful instrument. And I'm sure it will play and sound as beautiful as it looks. You are fortunate. And congrats too on your retirement.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber