The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 08-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Arrow Carlo Robelli Archtop

A seller near me has this Carlo Robelli for sale: https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/m...240899934.html

I know absolutely nothing about these other than the Peerless plant makes some pretty good guitars. Is $280.00 a good price for this guitar?

Thank you for your advice.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:30 PM

Looks nice. For $280, you can't lose.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:03 PM

I have an early-2K's '53 ES-5N knockoff, also made by Peerless, that served as my main jazz/blues/rockabilly box until I got a Godin CW II (smaller and lighter - and I'm not getting any younger); as a lifelong archtop player, the only thing that gives me pause is the .011 strings - these instruments really need nothing less than 12's (I have flatwound 13's on mine) - so I'd take a careful look at the neck/bridge geometry (make sure the bridge has sufficient additional adjustment range in both directions, and the neck/body joint is solid) and trussrod (make sure it's not maxed out) before dropping the bucks. If it's all good and the electronics check out, you've got yourself a real bargain - you'll pay about four times the price for the equivalent brand-new Peerless model on the current market...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops