The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
That's a superb tune. As a doofus who enjoys writing his own songs I'm drawn to originals with vocals. Thanks for posting the back story. I'm ALWAYS interested in the stories and emotions that go in to an original piece. (Would love to read the lyrics as I listen again). What I realized about this piece is that the melody itself is strong enough to stand alone as an instrumental. If you played that piece without vocals as an instrumental and just said here's Only Autumn, I'd have felt similar emotion. That's a WELL written tune. Well done sir!
Thank you so much for the kind words buddy...i think the major 7 chord voicing are potentially what give it the nostalgic, Autumn-tinted sound...I'm happy some of my fellow AGFers are enjoying the tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Wow. Always wondered how often folks who have big record contacts are on AGF. If you don't have one, you should. I know this is a commercial reaction to a heartfelt song, but I couldn't help thinking, when does Dustin's tour bring him to the Bay Area. Need to hit your site to learn more. Emotional, compelling, and the guitar work was both simple yet complex at the right times without distracting from the overall piece. Did I say 'Wow!'?
Thank you bud! I've got this song and others like it on iTunes and my YouTube channel...hoping to one day be signed so a label that is "contemporary-folk" flavored with other songwriters. We're a dime in a dozen it seems with nashville being so active cranking out good Americana so I appreciate you listening!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 PM

Superb writing, playing, singing and recording. This does what music is supposed to do, draw one in and transcend. Love what you are able to do.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnrbq View Post
Superb writing, playing, singing and recording. This does what music is supposed to do, draw one in and transcend. Love what you are able to do.
Thank you so much for listening, my friend.. been feeling really good today about writing new tunes and to hear the older ones are moving people is a reassuring pick-me-up to keep at it. Cheers!

Old 09-21-2017, 06:48 AM

Have listened a few times, and really love this song. Well written and expertly performed. This is the kind of song that continues to stay with you after you've heard it a couple times...and in a GOOD way!

Roger
Old 09-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
Have listened a few times, and really love this song. Well written and expertly performed. This is the kind of song that continues to stay with you after you've heard it a couple times...and in a GOOD way!

Roger
Thank you bud the record recording on iTunes is mastered and has grand piano if you'd like to listen:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell