The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-12-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Try not to hate me.
We'll try, but leave a few Emeralds for the rest of us, eh?
My custom X20-12 should be here by Christmas, so I am reasonably immune from the playmate (ahem) Select Series of the Month.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
My custom X20-12 should be here by Christmas, so I am reasonably immune from the playmate (ahem) Select Series of the Month.
Don't be so sure... that's what I thought!
Old 09-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, Jim was right after all - you snooze, you lose! I just pulled the trigger on this X7 Woody after seeing it was (shockingly) still available on their FB page. My X20 Custom Woody is still six weeks out so I figured this will help take the edge off the wait.

Other considerations were that this veneer was one offered to me on my X20 build (and was a close second choice...), it has the Amber back and sides I love (and will also be on my X20), and it will give me a chance to check out the LR Baggs pickup system which I did not go with on my X20 (went with the K&K but was a close second).

AND I'll get to do a serious X20 woody vs. X7 woody head-to-head shootout NGD in a couple months.

Try not to hate me.
Congrats! That may be the most striking X7 yet!! Very excited for you, and look forward to the NGD arrival announcement... both of them!
Old 09-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Congrats! That may be the most striking X7 yet!! Very excited for you, and look forward to the NGD arrival announcement... both of them!
Thanks, Jim. Sean called you out by name saying I should check in with you as someone that owns both the X7 and the X20!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks, Jim. Sean called you out by name saying I should check in with you as someone that owns both the X7 and the X20!
I know there are others here who have both, and in another month or so, we can get your take on the pairing.

I have "ooouuuu'd and ahhhhhh'd" more over these last nine monthly Select Series than any decade of guitar looking. Congrats again on snagging that beautiful X7!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Guest 928

Have there really been 9 monthly selects? That's just incredible. At the beginning I thought we'd get a month or two and then we'd be back to the occasional Emerald wonderment. As it is, I can hardly believe that the select series continues. And all during the monthly presentations there have been the custom orders noted on this forum. There's some pretty heavy handed magic going on here. I believe that we are looking at some pretty rare collectables.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber