The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
I did quickly adjust to the sound port location, and it does have a lush full sound to me, but it (X20) gets the least play of my CF guitars due to my perceived need to pick harder to get the sound with my style of play.
I have had my X20 for almost 4 years now and at first the sound was pretty intense and I wasn't as sure about it, but I have improved my playing style to accommodate the sound port. At first I still played my woods regularly, but now I probably play the X20 90-95% of my stringed instrument time these days or about 10-15 hours per week. The first year it was probably under 50%. Let's just say that the X20 has grown on me or I have grown to better play it (one or both of those is probably true).

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:11 AM

Mot Tom is spot on about the X20 growing on the player. With the right set up, to your desired specs, composite guitars can be very addictive and you will keep playing it and accommodate to the tone/volume.

Anyway, you can always be gentle on a loud projecting guitar to tame it, but not the other way round.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber