The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Default Cracked me up

Last night we went to dinner at my daughter's house. We were going to take my 20 month old grandson to see Christmas lights. My daughter teaches cello in her home, so the boy is surrounded my music, to the extent he can identify jazz when he hears it. Really.

So one of the highlights of my week is having one on one time with the little guy while his Ma teaches cello, and last summer I started bringing a uke over to play while I was watching him run around the backyard. Then one day I bought my 00 on the way over, so was playing that, so he started requesting his favorite songs "Be" for Let it Be, "World" for it's a Wonderful World (Satchmo version), etc.

So now whenever my daughter mentions I'm coming over, he says Pot Pa (me) tar. Pot Pa tar.

So flash forward to last night when we were going over and I said to my wife, who thinks I squander far too much time playing, that I should throw an instrument in the car so as not to disappoint the little one. She was adamant that I not, thinking I wanted an excuse to play more than I already do.

Well, the whole evening he kept coming up to me, sticking his face right into mine with a disappointed look saying Pot Pa bring uke, Pot Pa bring guitar, Pot Pa play Be. Grandma was mortified.

The situation was only salvaged when his dad brought in a gift wrap tube slid into a hole in the top of a cereal box, and I sold the idea of air guitar and singing to him. That was OK.

He's getting a uke for Christmas.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:53 PM

Default Pot Pa Tar

Sounds like Grandma has some making up to do. Might be a good time to push for a guitar to leave at your daughters so there's always one there for you to play
Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 PM

Love it!! I remember being a little one, music was MAGIC!!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Charter Member

I'm sensing a shift in the status quo?

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion