The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Question Nashville guitar shops

Hi all!

I'm headed to the Nashville area between Christmas and New Years. I have four shops on my list that are definite must see's.

Artisan Guitars in Franklin.

Cotton Music Center in Nashville.

Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville.

Gruhn's in Nashville.

Are there any other "Must See" shops in Nashville?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

I'm not aware of any other "must sees" in Nashville. I think you'll have all you can handle with the ones you mentioned, all great shops. Have a blast!!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Default That should do it..

That should do it. When you go to Gruhn's be sure to play the Fredholm Dred....(one of the best guitars I've ever played) (also, if you ask they will let you go up stairs...it's where Brad Paisley got his D-28!!) At Carter be sure you go in the good room...no need to ask, it's amazing!!...Cotton is worth going to and they are so nice...it's in a part of town that doesn't look like it should have a guitar store...And Artisan's (get on their website and pick out some things to play before you go..you can't just walk in and grab something..they sit you down, remove all clothing that can harm a guitar and they bring the guitars to you...but they are nice and it's worth it!!..play the Webber 12 fret I've got for sale while you are there!!) Have fun!!..if you like Bar B Q eat on Broadway at Jack's...I think it's the best brisket in the world..and the corn bread is amazing!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:50 PM

Default Nashville

I figured that was about it for shops. Besides, my girlfriend is being VERY accommodating about visiting guitar shops while we're there and I think 4 is already pushing things a bit.

When I mentioned that I was going to post here asking about Guitar shops she asked if there was a forum to ask about Stores for shoes and handbags....... What are you laughing at? I'm serious, she asked!

Funny you should mention that Webber 12 fret. I already checked Artisan's web site and that one caught my eye. I need to thin the herd a bit before I buy anything else, but a 12 fret is going to be my next acquisition.

Thanks all!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 PM

depends on what you're looking for, but don't leave out Corner music, Guitar Center and even Sam Ash has an impressive acoustic room in addition to a great electric section.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Charter Member

Better take your wallet... credit cards... checkbook... 2nd mortgage application forms...
Old 12-12-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbie View Post
Better take your wallet... credit cards... checkbook... 2nd mortgage application forms...
Spoken like one who has been there and done that...several times?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmaute View Post
Spoken like one who has been there and done that...several times?
Guilty as charged...
Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 AM

I would check out Two Old Hippies. They obviously have a lot of Breedlove and Bedell, but you ccan also play some Lowdens, Bouchers and other guitars there. Have fun.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

I've only been to Gruhn. Got to meet George and he gave me a personal tour of the entire facility. Great guy and a walking wealth of knowledge concerning guitars. So many incredible guitars in his shop you really need to slate out several hours if you're going to do it right. I was there maybe a an hour and a half and that wasn't nearly enough? He has several custom 12 fret Martin dreads that are phenomenal along with many many more great instruments. Have fun!

Oh yeah....what Kerbie said!!!

Regarding your girlfriend...Two Old Hippies is more of a clothes store than a guitar shop but they do have both. Right next door is the Luccaissie (sp?) boot store. If she's into boots she could stay in there for a couple hours...my wife did?

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Default Artisan guitars

I just spoke with Artisan Guitars. The will be closed from Christmas eve until January 5th.

Well.........crap!
Old 12-12-2014, 02:00 PM

I don't know about shops but I would try to catch a show with Rory Hoffman. If you've never seen him, look him up on youtube.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

And if you're in town on a Wednesday night check out Guthrie Trapp at the ACME on Broadway. He's also hanging out at Carter's Vintage as seen in this youtube video. He can sure make the Kevin Kopp K-35 sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPcysxy-3A

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM

Guitar Gallery. But their website says by appointment only. They do have some nice guitars though. I bought my Olson from them.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:02 PM

Sometimes 2nd Gear has some cool stuff. Owned by Tom Bukovac who is the top A list electric player in town. I was in there today and Tom was there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion