The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM

Default Elger classical

I'm trying to get some info on a guitar I picked up recently at an auction. It is an Elger Classical guitar, model 1105, made in Japan. I know that the company was started by a Mr. Rosenbloom in the 1950's. He had hired a German violin maker and a team of craftsman to make guitars in eastern Pennsylvania (near Philly). From 1965 to 1970 the Elger guitars were being made in Japan. In 1970-1971 the company became what is now known as Ibenez. This is about all I have been able to find. I will try to post some pics on here, but if anyone has any info it would be very much appreciated. It looks to me to be a spruce top with rosewood back and sides, but I am not sure. Plays nice, sounds good, and stays in tune very well. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:29 PM

Default jgriffith1

I also have the same Elger classical guitar and am in search for info on it. Thanks
Amazing Cortez J-6000
Tomasko (Luthier Built) Classical
Vintage Silvertone Banjo
Washburn Mandolin
ETC...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical