The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Near Mint 2016 Martin HD-28V & mint HSC...$2300 shipped conus

No longer for sale..

There are two ways to grade this guitar .....
#1-If you have a strong magnifying glass it's near MINT(as is the Martin HSC case)
#2-If you don't have a magnifying glass it's pretty much MINT!...Seriously!

I'm asking a good $500 under the lowest new price that I know of,from any web based merchants.....I'd need a Postal Money order or Bank Check and am located in central NJ....Sorry,as I don't sell stuff too often,so I don't use paypal(though I did sell a nice guitar on this forum a few months ago).The forum member trusted me and got a nice guitar,which he thanked me for.

It has perfect action and has been kept in my guitar room(along with 7 other guitars) with exact humidity all year long.I'm kinda' fanatical about that,as anyone here ought to be too,btw.

Very classy dark-ish RW back & sides and a really nice subtle light-ish RW area along each side of the "back strip".Martin knew they had a nice set of RW for this one,so the top they chose was what seems to be at their upper tier,from a stand point of what I know about Sitka....It is about the tightest grain I've ever seen,with loads of silking.I compared it to a D-45 and found them about equal.I'm not trying to be a salesman here.Just giving my opinion.

Important....I'm not at all a computer person so am sorry if I have not posted pictures...but...I "am" HONEST!! I have sold guitars here and on UMGF,where i have a good reputation and am a member of the Collings Guitar Forum as well.I will have one of my employees upload some photos.She'll probably ask for a raise.-

There are tons of HD-28V pictures on the web...."that's what mine looks like"

! In Minty shape as well as the Martin hard shell case......This guitar was Cherry Picked and has it all! Looks wise it's a beauty and there are no scratches or swirls.Maybe 3 ultra tiny micro marks,about the size of a pin head.In better shape than most HD-28V's on dealers walls,from my experience....SUPER CLEAN!

If I have misrepresented this guitar in "any way" I'll be happy to give a complete refund as long as you return it in the "exact shape" and you pay the return shipping.....which....I know won't be happening,because it is a stunning instrument!.....

Thanks folks,Mark

Last edited by magictwanger; 10-20-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictwanger View Post
There are two ways to grade this guitar .....
#1-If you have a strong magnifying glass it's near MINT(as is the Martin HSC case)
#2-If you don't have a magnifying glass it's pretty much MINT!...Seriously!

I'm asking a good $500 under the lowest new price that I know of,from any web based merchants.....I'd need a Postal Money order or Bank Check and am located in central NJ....Sorry,as I don't sell stuff too often,so I don't use paypal(though I did sell a nice guitar on this forum a few months ago).The forum member trusted me and got a nice guitar,which he thanked me for.

It has perfect action and has been kept in my guitar room(along with 7 other guitars) with exact humidity all year long.I'm kinda' fanatical about that,as anyone here ought to be too,btw.

Very classy dark-ish RW back & sides and a really nice subtle light-ish RW area along each side of the "back strip".Martin knew they had a nice set of RW for this one,so the top they chose was what seems to be at their upper tier,from a stand point of what I know about Sitka....It is about the tightest grain I've ever seen,with loads of silking.I compared it to a D-45 and found them about equal.I'm not trying to be a salesman here.Just giving my opinion.

Important....I'm not at all a computer person so am sorry if I have not posted pictures...but...I "am" HONEST!! I have sold guitars here and on UMGF,where i have a good reputation and am a member of the Collings Guitar Forum as well.

There are tons of HD-28V pictures on the web...."that's what mine looks like"

! In Minty shape as well as the Martin hard shell case......This guitar was Cherry Picked and has it all! Looks wise it's a beauty and there are no scratches or swirls.Maybe 3 ultra tiny micro marks,about the size of a pin head.In better shape than most HD-28V's on dealers walls,from my experience....SUPER CLEAN!

If I have misrepresented this guitar in "any way" I'll be happy to give a complete refund as long as you return it in the "exact shape" and you pay the return shipping.....which....I know won't be happening,because it is a stunning instrument!.....

Thanks folks,Mark
If nothing else, create a craiglist account and list it locally. Add the images and copy/paste the link to your ad here. Surely somebody can help you get some pics on here. Sorry if that sounds rude or condescending but I think 99% would want to see a pic even if you text it to them.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:13 PM

I agree.I'm going to have one of my graphics people post them soon....I'll have pictures available upon request tomorrow.Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by magictwanger; 10-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM

Hi, your payment policy is a show-stopper for me good luck

Last edited by cheer tunes; 10-20-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
Hi, your payment policy is a show stopped for me good luck
For what it's worth, I've bought from Mark before via check with no issues. HD-28V definitely one of my favorites. I currently have an authentic and feel like I could easily revert back to a 28v in a pinch.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:20 PM

NO LONGER FOR SALE,AS I'VE DECIDED TO KEEP THIS GUITAR....WHAT WAS i THINKING?
Old 10-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Good move! I've bought and sold them in the past and realized that there is more expensive, but not much better.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:57 PM

Thanks Matt and wishing you & your family the best.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars