The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-25-2013, 12:56 PM

Default What Christmas related gifts did you give or receive?

Hey Everyone. What Christmas related gifts did you give or receive?
Old 12-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Everyone. What Christmas related gifts did you give or receive?
Hi Dru...

Handed out some Snark tuners.

Went to a shut in neighbor's house this morning (Christmas) brought a pot of coffee, and played/sang for she and her husband. None of the kids are making it home to see them this year. We had a great time.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 12-25-2013, 01:22 PM

My wife got this:

1975 Larrivee Classical, build in the old Toronto shop. This was about 4-5 years before Jean started putting serial numbers on them so it just has the date:

Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Hey Dru I gave my youngest son my Avalon that he loves and that we took and played together when we went to the USVI when I first bought it two summers ago. He liked it better then shopping for one and it's mint. His stocking stuffers were a Planet Waves capo and a Snark tuner. He played for me a very sweet f/s piece he improvised...that was the best gift I received back!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:31 PM

I got this beautiful Eastman AC508M solid mahogany, slot-head grand concert with LR Baggs "Lyric" pick-up installed.

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair

Last edited by Judson; 12-25-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Dru...

Handed out some Snark tuners.

Went to a shut in neighbor's house this morning (Christmas) brought a pot of coffee, and played/sang for she and her husband. None of the kids are making it home to see them this year. We had a great time.
Larry, the coffee and music sound like a great gift that would have been appreciated. Sometimes it's those 'little' things that make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
My wife got this:

1975 Larrivee Classical, build in the old Toronto shop. This was about 4-5 years before Jean started putting serial numbers on them so it just has the date:

<<snippet pics>>
What a beautiful guitar. I know we 'talked' about this Larrivee in another thread but I just have to say Congrats (to your wife) once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Hey Dru I gave my youngest son my Avalon that he loves and that we took and played together when we went to the USVI when I first bought it two summers ago. He liked it better then shopping for one and it's mint. His stocking stuffers were a Planet Waves capo and a Snark tuner. He played for me a very sweet f/s piece he improvised...that was the best gift I received back!
Eric, wow, you gave your son your Avalon. That's a fantastic gift, as was yours too. Merry Christmas my good friend!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Judson;3747623]I got this beautiful Eastman AC508M solid mahogany, slot-head grand concert with LR Baggs "Lyric" pick-up installed.

Judson, that is a beautiful guitar.

I got exactly what I wanted, a Martin OOO-28EC...it helps when you buy your own gift. I also got a Google Chromecast from my wife, which I'm sure I'll enjoy using.

Martin 000-28EC (1996?)
Seagull Natural Elements (2012)
Taylor 814ce (2014)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

I received a set of Dunlop 'Johnny Cash' picks, and a set of 'Cat's Tongue' picks - they're like 'Snarling Dog's Brain' picks, but even better. Yeowzers. Oh and a $100 gift card to the local music store. Yayyyy

Steve
Old 12-25-2013, 01:51 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-25-2013, 02:11 PM
AGF Administrator

Music-related gifts I received were a Martin guitar calendar, an upgrade to my SoundCloud membership, and this Martin SWDGT:

Some family requested and received some of my music on CD.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:19 PM

A leather Franklin guitar strap (actually three, I get to choose which one to keep), a couple of books of tab (gonna be challenging but do-able), a lesson DVD, and a collection of thumbpicks.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:32 PM

Bad year.
Not working but had the idea to sell some of my own non musical hefty priced stuff on ebay and try to find a scalloped braced used Martin D18..maybe an SS for my brother in law, and take back that overbuilt Guild we gave him 20+ years ago and get it out of there.
But no sales…just dead since begining of October.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fixit eh View Post
I received a set of Dunlop 'Johnny Cash' picks, and a set of 'Cat's Tongue' picks - they're like 'Snarling Dog's Brain' picks, but even better. Yeowzers. Oh and a $100 gift card to the local music store. Yayyyy

Steve
Is the gift card for L&M? Are you planning on anything specific or just wait until you get the urge for something?
Old 12-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Well, 5 folks on my list got Kalamazoo Gals. Some folks got Pyramid Country Western Strings.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 12-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Guest 2563

Bought a used Hagstrom G45 off of Ebay to use as a smaller bodied couch guitar. Came with a K&K mini and ebony bridge pins installed. Just as I had hoped, the grand auditorium size is very comfortable to hold.
Definitely not the sound I am accustomed to with my bluegrass dreads and Larrivee C-10, but I'm looking forward to learning the nuances of the cedar/rosewood combination.

Merry Christmas,

Ron

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion