The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 PM

Default CF Electric

Someone on this forum mentioned wanting to pick up a CA Blade (carbon fiber electric guitar). There’s one on eBay right now. I’d be interested except I already own one. Wonderful guitar, and scarce.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 PM

Is that the one from the Japanese seller priced at $1750, or is their another one?
Old 11-21-2017, 03:29 PM

Its from Japan. I was at a vintage guitar show recently, and there were two groups from Japan buying everything vintage and electric they could get their hands on. One said he had picked up 200 guitars by day 2 of the show. They were steadily placing newspaper around headstocks, under strings, getting them ready for shipment. I was slightly disturbed at all that quality leaving the country.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:06 PM

10-4 Ted, the one in Japan for $1,750.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bghd View Post
Its from Japan. I was at a vintage guitar show recently, and there were two groups from Japan buying everything vintage and electric they could get their hands on. One said he had picked up 200 guitars by day 2 of the show. They were steadily placing newspaper around headstocks, under strings, getting them ready for shipment. I was slightly disturbed at all that quality leaving the country.
I've seen this at knife shows. A few years ago a Japanese collector cleared the table of a well known knife maker, probably a 100K in all, stuffed them in his backpack and kept shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
10-4 Ted, the one in Japan for $1,750.
Thanks, Res.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber