The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-15-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingcarbon View Post
Hi All,

Thanks again for the suggestions! In the end I think I'm gonna go for the OF660; it should sound and hold value better than any of the wood/laminate guitars that were discussed, and the portability is really important.

I've been in touch with Ted as suggested and he spent quite some time with me on the phone discussing options and it has reaffirmed that the OF660 is a good fit, so thanks also to Ted for that.

Hopefully one day soon I'll be joining you all as a happy new member of the CF family

Cheers!
The OF660 is a good choice IF you can play the one you're getting before money changes hands. I had one that I bought on line, and it had a very weak sound. Just couldn't get enough out of it to satisfy me. I resold it (disclosing why before I did), and never thought I'd get another. But I got to play one in a store that had amazing power, by comparison, and bought it forthwith. It's my guitar of choice for casual practice/playing at home. I just leave it on a wall hanger where I can grab it for five minutes.

If you get it, you'll probably want to get another gigbag, the right size for the guitar NOT broken down, as you don't want to break it down and put it back together every time you take it anywhere; only when packing space is crucial.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Guest 928

Seeking;

Good decision. You listened to a variety of opinions and have settled on the one that gives you a taste of carbon fiber without breaking the bank. The OF660 should serve your needs nicely. It should last for a long time and be a keeper. Enjoy ,and report back after you've experienced the guitar.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingcarbon View Post
Hi All,

Thanks again for the suggestions! In the end I think I'm gonna go for the OF660; it should sound and hold value better than any of the wood/laminate guitars that were discussed, and the portability is really important.

I've been in touch with Ted as suggested and he spent quite some time with me on the phone discussing options and it has reaffirmed that the OF660 is a good fit, so thanks also to Ted for that.

Hopefully one day soon I'll be joining you all as a happy new member of the CF family

Cheers!
SC, you definitely did your homework leading up to your thread, and after all the feedback, your instincts were bang-on. Good for you! We look forward to your NGD thread. Hope it all works out for you and that the Journey inspires you to keep playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber guitar