The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-18-2010, 06:26 PM

Default Great Customer Service

I would like to thank Artisan Guitar for their help this weekend.

I am traveling by air next week with my guitar. I have been reading all the posts on travel by air and the issues with carrying a guitar on board. I decided to upgrade my gig bag in case I have to gate check it. My old Reunion Blues classical case has always been tight in length. I read the new RB model was an inch or so longer and more protective.

On a busy Saturday Ellie took the time to find a guitar in their shop with the exact dimensions, as mine, to see how it fit in the new case. She called me back to give me the news that it will fit.

They are shipping out my new gig bag Monday.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2010, 07:05 PM

I had a very good experience with Artisan as well with a surprise repair on a guitar I bought from them, they are good people.

Shill - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
Sockpuppet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_(internet)
Forumspam - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 PM

Ellie is a very classy lady with world class hospitality. On a recent trip to Nashville, I went to almost every guitar shop in the area just trying to check out the different inventories and learn about different acoustic tone woods. Most of the shops were very helpful of course but Artisan's customer service and help easily took the cake.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 PM

I bought a CA GX from Artisan two years ago, unseen, asking them to check very well the neck relief before shipping the guitar (CA guitars didn't have a truss rod and I like my guitars with straight neck). They forgot to check the neck and shipped the guitar any way. The guitar had too much neck relief in my opinion, I returned it, paid all shipping expenses (mine and theirs), nevertheless they were upset when I informed them that I was returning the guitar. I still have the e-mail that I received from them. Immediately after they received the guitar, they immediately re-listed it on their
web site among all other brand new guitars they had for sale, so what was the problem ? I will never buy a guitar from them any more in my life.

Last edited by gerardo1000; 07-18-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:49 AM

I'm fortunate to live about ten minutes away from Artisan. Ellie and Bill are great folks. I've bought one of the Reunion Blues gig bags from them and they're currently putting a K&K PWM pickup in my Voyage Air. Their main business, of course, is selling high end guitars. I'm not currently in the market for one (although they have several that I'd love to own), but they've been happy to let me browse and will take down any guitar and let me try it. It's a great shop and, when I'm ready to get that 12 fret, slot head, slope shouldered Collings I've always dreamed of, Bill and Ellie will get my business.

A great woman...
Two really nice guitars...
I am blessed.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Default and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
I will never buy a guitar from them any more in my life.
I have had similar experiences in my part of the world. I have bought a guitar and asked for service or went back for service and had the old dog and pony show routine and I could list all the reasons given for lack of great service. It is tiring. Our local Guitar Center is guilty of this...

But it is too easy - for me anyway - to pick up a resentment about a lack of good service, real or imagined. As I get older, I try to give a shop the benefit of the doubt. If the poor service continues, I chalk it down as experience and take my business elsewhere. I avoid going back for second helpings - kind of like being shot and then asking to be shot again just to make sure.

I also try to take into consideration that folks are in business to make a profit and that I need to be mindful of their time.

When I was much younger (here comes "when I was your age" story), we did not have the internet and the smallest computer that I knew about was an IBM product that filled a whole building. Now I have a computer at home and I can shop on line and get good service. And I can also shop closer to home should I choose. I don't have to go back for another beating.

Gerardo, I wish you the very best in your next purchase... Maybe we can learn from this and move on. I know someone out there will benefit from our business.

Martin OM-15m custom

Opinions subject to change due to experience...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion