The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-30-2015, 05:55 PM

Such a great choice!

I chose Jason's work twice consecutively in my Fretboard Journal "best of" guitar festival articles. In my most recent, I unilaterally disqualified "repeat offenders." But, if I hadn't, I'd have chosen Jason's guitar that utilized woods long abandoned at the Roberto Venn school.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
excellent choice!

Eric, we definitely need a review and soundclip when time permits

d
It was a wonderful time to meet J.R. at the show! I'm so glad that he loved the guitar and pleasantly surprised that Jason's OM won this award. I was expecting a glowing review on the guitar, but being the founder's choice is even better The guitar really is something truly special and it is already opening up very nicely. Will try to post a more in depth review soon!

Here are some glamor shots from the build thread!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

Last edited by ericcsong; 10-30-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Jason rocks. Jason's guitars rock. Congrats!
Old 10-31-2015, 04:36 AM

Eeic - you're lucky that JR gave the guitar back to you! He played it for a very long time! congrats to all!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:35 AM

Congratulations my friend!!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:59 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Can't think of a better guy to be honored this way!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

It's a great choice…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 11-02-2015, 06:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Congratulations Jason!

And it's well deserved. I'm acquainted with several of Jason's guitars now, and they really are second to none.

He's a really fantastic guy too, and great to see him up on his feet again. It's always good to see him here in the UK to talk guitars!

Cheers,
David

Perfecting the interface between you and your guitar.
wolframslides.com
Endorsed by Martin Simpson and Tony McManus.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

To JR, and everyone else in the AGF community,

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thank You" for this incredible honor and for allowing me to do what I do each and every day through your interest, appreciation of the art and craft of lutherie, and your desire to allow us, as builders, to get better with each guitar through your comments and critiques.

There are so many world class luthiers out there, most of whom adorn the pages of this forum in many different ways. I feel so privileged to be a part of such an special, and creative, group of men and women.

The Woodstock show, and other shows like it, are such a wonderful venue for us, as builders, to connect with all of the people out there that find value in what we do. I am so thankful to those that were able to stop by and say hello last week. The shows are a bit crazy for everyone involved, and they always seem like they go by a lot faster than anticipated. A Special thanks to Baker for making all of this happen!

I really appreciate everyone's kind comments, and can only say that I am one of many in the world of luthiers that make amazing guitars...I know this because I played a lot of them this last week. I am proud of my involvement in the AGF and my connection to this community, and appreciate the people like JR that give us the opportunity to learn and grow as players, collectors and builders through these posts. I know that I am a better informed consumer and producer as a result of what I have learned here from all of you.

Most of all I would like to thank Eric Song for allowing me to build this guitar for him. Every commission is a journey and an adventure. While the guitar is the focal point for many in this process, to me it is more the beginning, as the relationship created through the journey itself is much more valuable to me in the end. I feel very fortunate to have not only an enthusiastic client in Eric, but a lifelong friend as well. I am proud of the guitars that I have made, and excited for what I will create in the future, and I look forward to being able to share them with the AGF community for years to come. Thank you again for everything...this recognition means a lot to me.

Respectfully,

Jason Kostal
Old 11-02-2015, 07:08 PM

Default Congratulations Jason

I just wanted to say congratulations to Jason Kostal as well. They always say that the cream always rises to the top and Jason is the perfect example of a young luthier rising to the top of his field. Having the pleasure of owning one of Jason's exceptional MD guitars it's easy to see why he has an 8 year wait list. He is truly an amazing and talented person in so many ways but that is only half of his story. He is a very kind, honest, sincere, humble, generous and giving human being. In todays world those types of business men are rare and hard to find. I am so lucky that I found one, Jason Kostal!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

I just posted my full review on this guitar in the custom shop:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...271036&page=18

Guitar continues to open up each day and I absolutely love it! Thanks again to Jason Kostal for making this guitar for me!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
award, founder's choice award, guitar of the year