The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-11-2017, 04:43 PM

Between the Tom Savage footage of him lying on ground, both hands twitching, and the end of the Seattle/Jacksonville game, yesterday was just ugly for any real football fans and totally erases the awesomeness of the Indy/Buffalo game.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Someone on the broadcast mentioned that Ben has thrown for 500+ yards 3 times in his career which no other NFL QB has ever done. Is that correct? I'm not much of a football fan but it seems to me there have been far too many great QBs in NFL history for someone to be at the top of the heap with 3.
I read today that Ben has thrown for 500+ yards 3 times. I didn't read that he was the only QB to do that but it wouldn't surprise me. Very few have thrown for 500 yards.

Aaron Rodgers is back on the practice field. It would be great to see him back in the lineup. Packers are 3-4 since he's been out.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:57 AM

Phew, that MNF game was fugly. The Pats run defense continues to be non-existent and a serious concern. (Sorry Rob, but it might be time to start wigging out about that.) The offense and pass D also stunk last night, but we'll write that off as one of those games.

And that announcing crew had to be the worst I've ever heard on an NFL broadcast. I didn't make it to half time, so I didn't learn until this morning that one of them was Sean McDonough. He used to be pretty good calling Red Sox games a decade ago, but maybe it's time for him to retire. Or at least retire from calling football games.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Phew, that MNF game was fugly. The Pats run defense continues to be non-existent and a serious concern. (Sorry Rob, but it might be time to start wigging out about that.) The offense and pass D also stunk last night, but we'll write that off as one of those games.

And that announcing crew had to be the worst I've ever heard on an NFL broadcast. I didn't make it to half time, so I didn't learn until this morning that one of them was Sean McDonough. He used to be pretty good calling Red Sox games a decade ago, but maybe it's time for him to retire. Or at least retire from calling football games.
Sean M was good with the Red Sox. I think it's been at last 15 years.

I didn't see the game but Brady's numbers were poor.

Well, Pittsburgh next week. Gotta win that to have a chance at home field advantage.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:45 PM

I'm disappointed in the Seahawks on Sunday, used to be a big fan but it seems their attitude keeps getting worse. Coach Carol I find repulsive, heaven forbid he ever disciplines his players. Ugh................
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 12-12-2017, 03:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
I'm disappointed in the Seahawks on Sunday, used to be a big fan but it seems their attitude keeps getting worse. Coach Carol I find repulsive, heaven forbid he ever disciplines his players. Ugh................
I find him unfit to make play-calls. It's time for pC to retire?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Charter Member

Eagles, riding nfl’s best record lose probable mvp (at least so far).So glad they brought in Foles as a backup, he’s done some good things for Philly in the past.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Pats stunk up south Florida last night. Next to Denver, Miami (away) is probably their next worst nemesis. Glad the game was past my bedtime.
Hat's off to Miami. No lucky win. They played well and WON.

Ugh...

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut

Last edited by gjd100; 12-12-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post

The Pats will be fine. They always have one of these games every now and then. It's great motivation to get the team going for the rest of year... especially next week. As I side note, I think in these types of games there are a bunch of plays they could use to get them some yards, but they save them for the playoffs. It's almost as though they're sometimes willing to lose, or not do their all, so they have a better chance in the playoffs. They definitely did it 2 years ago in Miami too. Besides, if we win next week we're good. Even if we won last night and didn't win next week, we still have the 2nd seed, so the really important game is next week.

Sean McDonough has been doing Monday night games for the last two years. Is that the first Monday night game you've seen in a while? I don't mind him and I do remember him doing Sox games a long time ago.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57classic View Post
Eagles, riding nfl’s best record lose probable mvp (at least so far).So glad they brought in Foles as a backup, he’s done some good things for Philly in the past.
Foles will take them to the Top!
Old 12-13-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
The Pats will be fine.
The run defense has been horrid nearly every game this season. The rest of the problems the other night, even the o-line protection of Brady, not concerned about. You get a team that has a half competent run game and a half competent pass game, they're going to score alot of points against this Pats defense. Even the lowly Bills left alot of points on the field 2 weeks ago because of self-inflicted mistakes.. A playoff caliber team won't do that. On paper, the Steelers are one of those teams, although they've been erratic.

Monday nights are usually bluegrass jam night for me, although I've been off of those lately. So yes it's been quite a while since I've seen an MNF game. McDonough was terrible, everything he said was obvious.

Finally, yup, the Miami game didn't mean much. If the Pats win out, they get the number one seed. Although if they lose this Sunday and Jacksonville wins out, then the Pats drop to the 3 seed. And that would be huge.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic