The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-29-2016, 01:37 AM

Default Music Documentaries

Good selection of audio music documentaries here, Kinks, Motown, Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye, Brian Jones, The Cure, Girl Groups and more.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/...in_music_radio
Old 06-29-2016, 02:59 AM

Thanks. I look forward to browsing through these.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:15 AM
Guest4562

Yes, good stuff. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:46 AM

I always found VH1 Behind the Music entertaining and interesting.

I have to say, I have watched the Eagles Documentary more times than any person should.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Rockumentaries, for me, are a double edged sword. While I enjoy learning about my favorite bands, when I learn through one of them, or especially from people I meet who have first hand experience, about how big of colossal pricks some of these guys, like certain members of the Eagles, are, I find myself liking the bands less and less, even though I love the music. I really dislike prima donna's.......

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th
Old 06-29-2016, 09:49 AM

Default VH1, Behind The Music/Stevie Ray Vaughn

I was shocked watching that in '99 or so, to find out that a high school friend of mine (Lenora Bailey) was Stevie Ray Vaughn's wife, and the Lenny in the song Lenny. The show didn't speak of her too kindly, but the Lenny I knew was quite nice.

I was a year ahead of her in high school and after graduating I didn't stay in touch with her.
2015 Martin GPCPA5
2016 Taylor 214ce-Nylon
2015 Ventura VWDONAT
Old 06-29-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled View Post
Rockumentaries, for me, are a double edged sword. While I enjoy learning about my favorite bands, when I learn through one of them, or especially from people I meet who have first hand experience, about how big of colossal pricks some of these guys, like certain members of the Eagles, are, I find myself liking the bands less and less, even though I love the music. I really dislike prima donna's.......
The guitarist they let go strike me as that. The 2 main guys didn't strike me that, but I did not agree they should have gotten more money. If I were in a band I would want an equal share for everyone plays a part in the band but the band would not be a band without all the people involved. But that is just me.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
I was shocked watching that in '99 or so, to find out that a high school friend of mine (Lenora Bailey) was Stevie Ray Vaughn's wife, and the Lenny in the song Lenny. The show didn't speak of her too kindly, but the Lenny I knew was quite nice.

I was a year ahead of her in high school and after graduating I didn't stay in touch with her.
I didn't pick up on that. I do remember something vaguely about her trying to get something. What exactly did they say about her?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM

Default Lenny

As I recall, something about "tough, trash-talking" Lenny Bailey. I think she was indulging in all the drugs he did at the time, and maybe the vibe was that she was a very negative influence.

When I knew her she might've smoked pot, but that's it.
2015 Martin GPCPA5
2016 Taylor 214ce-Nylon
2015 Ventura VWDONAT
Old 06-29-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerguy View Post
The guitarist they let go strike me as that. The 2 main guys didn't strike me that, but I did not agree they should have gotten more money. If I were in a band I would want an equal share for everyone plays a part in the band but the band would not be a band without all the people involved. But that is just me.
I have a friend who knows a guy who flies private jets, and who has flown lot's of bands. When trying to converse with Frey and Henley about what time they wanted to go, where they wanted to go, etc., they had to ask their "guy", who was standing right there, who would then ask them, and they would relay the answer through their "guy" so as to not have to speak to the pilot, who is standing right there. Not only is that being a complete A***, it's really smart to piss off the guy flying to plane because you are too good to talk to him directly. He said Van Halen, on the other hand, acted like they wanted to make him a member of the band..... funny how some people can handle fame and not let it go to their heads, and others can't.

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic