The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Speaking of "pet peeves"
How about other people's dogs doing their business in my yard when I have no dog of my own to take down to their yard and reciprocate!

As far as what people wear or any of that, doesn't bother me in the least.
In fact, I enjoy my trips to Wal-Mart, gives me some fashion ideas.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:06 AM

We're going around and around with a neighbor over their pooping dog. It's a difficult conversation, because they're not malicious that way, just clueless, and they don't really get why their dog pooping in our yard/digging holes/trampling flower/veg beds is a big deal.

Another one: motorcycle riders waving at each other. I don't ride anymore, but I did for years, and it bugged me no end.

I've seen Jeep drivers do the same thing, and in 2011, I was the first person in my area to buy a Fiat 500, and when the second guy showed up several months later, he'd wave at me like a man having a seizure.

Dude - we don't know each other. We may have the same taste in cars, but that's not reason enough to strike up a highway friendship.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
We're going around and around with a neighbor over their pooping dog. It's a difficult conversation, because they're not malicious that way, just clueless, and they don't really get why their dog pooping in our yard/digging holes/trampling flower/veg beds is a big deal.

Another one: motorcycle riders waving at each other. I don't ride anymore, but I did for years, and it bugged me no end.

I've seen Jeep drivers do the same thing, and in 2011, I was the first person in my area to buy a Fiat 500, and when the second guy showed up several months later, he'd wave at me like a man having a seizure.

Dude - we don't know each other. We may have the same taste in cars, but that's not reason enough to strike up a highway friendship.
I don't know. When I was living in Rome, Italy, in the early 90s I had a German Lakewood dread that I'd bought in London around that time. One Sunday morning in one of the piazzas, a busker appeared playing a Lakewood! They weren't that common at the time - I think Martin Seliger personally signed each one. Anyway, I said something inspired like, "Hey man, you've got a Lakewood! I've got one too!"

I realize it was a bit of a dumb thing to say, but, well, I got a bit excited and it seemed like a good idea at the time!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post

In the city where I live you have to pick up after your pooch or it is a $200.00 fine. That includes other people's yards and city parks not just sidewalks.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:33 AM

99% of these 'pet peeves' - man, you guys are ready for the old folks homes!

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 06-06-2016, 07:45 AM

^^^ Peeves are just illogical little rants, and that quirkiness, that idea of, "this bothers me, even though I know it shouldn't" is what makes it fun.

I love reading what gets under other peoples' skins, just because we're all individuals, and it's a chance to say, "Wow, I never thought *that* would bug somebody!"

As much as I enjoy them, every forum I've ever been on has had one of these, and has had one of these shut down. I'm assuming this one will end up that way, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Maybe that should be another peeve: people who take peeves too seriously.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

There's a lot of things I don't like. But my biggest pet peeve is people trying to tell, make that force, other people to live, act, and accept the things they accept.

People with pet peeves
Old 06-06-2016, 07:53 AM

My main pet peeve is people that worry that someone else isn't just like themself.

~Dave
~Music self-played is happiness self-made
Old 06-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
My main pet peeve is people that worry that someone else isn't just like themself.
I don't know anyone that "worries" about that. That person might need counseling.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:15 AM

Here're a couple more:

1. People who, while mowing the grass next to the road, don't pause when a car is passing. Since that's where the gravel collects, there's a pretty good chance you're going to get a rock bath when you drive by.

2. People who don't wave thanks after you let them in front of you in a line of cars.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:17 AM

It was over 92 yesterday here in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains not far from Seattle.

I swear if one more person asked me "Enjoying the Sun!" with a stupid grin plastered to their American Idol Watching Faces... There was gonna be some violence...
Old 06-06-2016, 11:26 AM

Ball caps with flat bills...
Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

I don't really care much about much of what has been mentioned, seems like a waste of energy.

So the only "pet" peeve I can think of, is the callous disregard of people who have their dog ride in bed of a pic up truck.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-06-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleamp View Post
Ball caps with flat bills...
Make an exception for Rick?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 PM

I actually do have a real pet peeve- people who call others 'haters' just because the 'haters' may very well have a darn good reason not to like someone based on behavior.

'Yes- I ran over two puppies while drunk- now you haters don't be hating on me, now...'

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic