The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Charter Member

i'm very much a Sitka/EIR type guy. Played a few all mahogany taylors and I like the smooth notes and different tone they offered-think amber honey. Not as punchy as a Sitka top-but that's not a fault-just a difference. Love the Taylor neck and quality of build which is very consistent.

Ended up buying a Martin 00 Jeff Tweedy all mahogany mostly because I liked the specs of it(wider string spacing at the saddle) and it came with a very cool dirty burst.

I think an all mahogany compliments a collection highly.

d
Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 AM

Thanks everyone for your input!

If the 310-M sounds like this, I'd be very happy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZU0oo0DJYA

Does anyone know if there are any notable differences between a 1999 310-M and this 2013 320CE ?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimey View Post
I use a 514 as my gig guitar, mahoghany with a cedar top, been a wonderful reliable instrument. SOunds super acoustic and plugged in, very versatile instrument.
Over the years the 514 has been the Taylor I've enjoyed most...it is a beautiful f/s instrument and is not the typical signature associated with Taylor which is not my cup o' tea... thumbs up for the 514 slimey.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM

I very much like Taylor all-mahogany (and mahogany/sapele) guitars...and own/have owned a few.

Bear in mind that both the '99 310-M and the new 320 have sapele back and sides, though they sound so much like mahogany there's very little difference.

I've owned a 310-M and played a 320 and both are great guitars. The 320, to me, has a slightly fuller tone, but it has different bracing than the 310-M. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 310-M if I was in the market for that type of guitar.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
all mahogany, taylor