The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-27-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Humm So I assume the silicon version of Sound Toys for Studio One is VST 3 I wonder if it is the AAX plugin format, that is the issue ? Question if you switch back to Rosetta in PT does Sound Toys show up ?

I have no doubt that certain applications are way fast on Apple silicon
Is your Mac Studio M1 Max or Ultra ?

And over all my M1 Pro MBP is noticeably faster on a number of things. BUT I was simply surprised it was not that much faster on that specific effect rendering in FCPX I am speculating that if I switch off "auto back ground rendering" in FCPX -- type in, space and position, the rest of songs lyrics that % of speed difference will increase .. over just line by line
I'm pretty sure the issue is VST 2 vs VST 3 and yes if I open Pro Tools under Rosetta, Sound Toys re-appears.

I've got the Studio M1 Max and as I mentioned the DAW performances are really fast. I will say however my judgment for my music studio is softsynth-centric performance rather than track count and plug-in performance. I've got my libraries stored on pretty fast SS drives and buffer settings pretty darn low. 32 in Studio One and 64 in Pro Tools and it really feels and responds like the old hardware days. So far other than the oddity over the weekend and some plugs not VST3 ready I'm pretty thrilled with the rig.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
I'm pretty sure the issue is VST 2 vs VST 3 and yes if I open Pro Tools under Rosetta, Sound Toys re-appears.

I've got the Studio M1 Max and as I mentioned the DAW performances are really fast. I will say however my judgment for my music studio is softsynth-centric performance rather than track count and plug-in performance. I've got my libraries stored on pretty fast SS drives and buffer settings pretty darn low. 32 in Studio One and 64 in Pro Tools and it really feels and responds like the old hardware days. So far other than the oddity over the weekend and some plugs not VST3 ready I'm pretty thrilled with the rig.
AH .. I may have jumped the gun on my speed test comparison .. I just opened the FCPX video on my intel iMac and low and behold the rendering was not actually finished so that speed difference looks like it will be bigger ...

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD