The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-31-2017, 02:21 PM

Smile To bodyrez to acoustic amp

Hi there,
I'm new in the forum, so I don't know if this is a repost.

Hi have a Washburn Cumberland which I plug to my Fender acoustasonic, would the TC bodyrez do some good for my sound? I like it the way it is, but it could sound more natural.

I'm thinking also in buying a Fishman aura 16, and a eq.

Washburn>fishman>TC>eq>amp

Would it be a good, more natural sounding?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 03:27 PM

It depends on the sound you're looking for but I've used the Body Rez with my setup into my Loudbox-Mini and it sounds nice. I'm not sure if it's my "end all" solution and if it makes my guitar sound more like itself, but it's convenient. It adds a bit of a "one-size fits all" EQ to your guitar, but it may work for you or you may think it cuts too much midrange. YMMV.

It's a lot more affordable than the Aura, so I'd start with the Body Rez and see if you like it. If not, return it and go for the Aura.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply MrErik. I'll do that. I'll start with the bodyrez, them will see.
What about eq, do you have any experience with it?
Old 08-01-2017, 02:42 AM

Cool Mic'ing Is The Answer But -

I use a T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3 X with it's BodyRez presets .

I like it over all , but when you have a great sounding guitar you know you will never really be pleased with
the amplified sound unless it's mic'd well .

When playing in a live situation the BodyRez will sound great , but not as great as you really like it yourself .

For small rooms like coffee house gigs and such I use a Mackie FreePlay w/150 watts RMS and clean power .
It's a great amp for the acoustic guitar and other acoustic instruments I have .

Any decent amp @ 50 watts RMS of clean power will cut it great for acoustic guitar and vocal if it's a good brand .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 08-01-2017, 12:36 PM

Thanks for your reply Ramon.

I just at bought the TC bodyrez in eBay for 76$, willing to try it.

Still didn't make my the mind on the eq. Any good suggestions. I've tried the GE7 but it had an annoying hiss.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Unless your guitar has a UST pickup, you won't get the desired results from the Aura pedal.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Thumbs up EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjcs1974 View Post

Still didn't make my the mind on the eq. Any good suggestions. I've tried the GE7 but it had an annoying hiss.

Hello Rjcs1974 :

Don't own one but will , the Source Audio Programmable EQ is what's on my target :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYESTIuiC6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVNfhBBMFfs

I've seen a few used for $100.00 on Reverb otherwise its' anywhere from $145.00 to $175.00 .
They are quiet and that's important to me to be transparent and not affect the tone of any of the
instruments I play .

I'm plugging a PBass - Electric Guitar - Acoustic Nylon - Acoustic Steel String and or a Bullet
Harp Mic into a 4 channel DI w/trim control for each instrument and need the EQ for each
instrument to have each instrument sound it's best possible sound I play into my
T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X , turns out the T.C.H. ProgEQ with 4 presets to save work's for my situation
YMMV you may not need this kind of EQ , but then again - - you might

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 08-01-2017, 08:23 PM

The Danelectro Fish-n-Chips is really inexpensive and slightly quieter than the Boss GE-7 (I have both). My 17 year old son also tells me that the high frequencies sound noticeably better, but my ears aren't good enough anymore to be able to hear that. Construction is plastic but well made.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Danelect...C-adType%5EPLA
Old 08-01-2017, 08:38 PM

Default To bodyrez to acoustic amp

If you don't mind spending a bit more money, the Tech-21 Q\Strip is exquisite. It is basically a vintage analog mixer channel strip EQ (with two sweepable kids) built into an active directbox. It's very clean but when you boost any frequency it adds a bit of saturation to that range that increases slightly as you boost. This gives you that larger than life sound that vintage consoles give.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...RoCBMgQAvD_BwE
Old 08-02-2017, 12:44 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice.

That tech21 sure looks and sounds great.

What about the BBE acoustimax? Got some good reviews, and I think I can't get it in eBay for under 100$.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:

The Boss Ge-7 only makes hiss when boosting frequencies. IF you have some noise, you are boosting that noise. Your sliders should look like a smile for normal strumming.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:04 AM

If you're using the Body Rez and an acoustic amp, I'm not really sure why you would need or want another level of preamplification/EQ. The Body Rez applies some mid-cut and treble/bass boost to your sound and you'll also have your amp's EQ as well. The Acoustimax is good but I would recommend having fewer EQ and amplification items between your guitar and amp. At some point you land up with too many gain stages and too many levels of EQ to adjust.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 08-05-2017, 05:28 AM

Thank you all for your answers.
I'll wait to the bodyrez and build it from there.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hi there,
...snip...
Washburn>fishman>TC>eq>amp
...snip...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
If you're using the Body Rez and an acoustic amp, I'm not really sure why you would need or want another level of preamplification/EQ. The Body Rez applies some mid-cut and treble/bass boost to your sound and you'll also have your amp's EQ as well. The Acoustimax is good but I would recommend having fewer EQ and amplification items between your guitar and amp. At some point you land up with too many gain stages and too many levels of EQ to adjust.
^ - Totally agree! I think you'll be quite pleased with: Washburn>TC>amp

I am a huge fan of the Body Rez. Wonderful little box with a lot of variation in tone produced by adjusting just one knob. Highly recommended.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustasonic, bodyrez, fishman aura