The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-16-2017, 01:55 PM

Default Boss GT-100 for acoustic guitar?

I need something to make ambient/meditation music using my acoustic guitar and I have my eye on the GT-100. I didnt see if it had a true bypass or not so I will make a wild guess and say it does not. So how much color does it add if you just play through it clean without any effects or amp modeling? I know the GT100 is for electric guitar but I've heard it works just fine for acoustic.
But does it really?

The set up I'm looking at would be a J-45 (Baggs element) into the GT-100 and possibly a Carvin S600b P.A.
I like the idea of this because it seems like a simple do it all setup that can be carried in one go. Or am I completely wrong?

Last edited by NotValid; 02-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 AM

Well that went over like a fart in a chruch. Lol
So I found this thread with a few posters saying they can get some excellent sounds/tone using an acoustic guitar >GT-100> P.A.

Just another GAS attack.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...us-pa.1455217/

Old 02-17-2017, 06:19 AM

Most multieffects are mainly for electric guitarists that love to tweak knobs. I like individual analog effects for acoustic when possible.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerDuck View Post
Most multieffects are mainly for electric guitarists that love to tweak knobs. I like individual analog effects for acoustic when possible.
I totally agree and to go even further I actually love just the guitar plugged straight into a good tube amp. Never really needed anything other than reverb before but this new project requires a different approach. Instead of spending a ton of money on individual pedals/effects I decided to get this as an experamental workstation where I can just use my headphones. And if I cant stand how it sounds with an acoustic guitar well then I still have a really cool toy for my electric guitar. Win-win. If this project actually developes into something more serious then I can just buy the individual pedal for the effects I use the most. And this is a really good tool for figuring out which pedals you need/like the most. I will post my thoughts once I recieve the unit sometime next week.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification