The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Default **OFF THE MARKET * GOODALL - CJc -AAA Brazilian/Master Adirondack

THIS GUITAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've agonized over this decision for several months - but a variety of circumstances are pushing me to offer my "Holy Grail" 2009 (Ft. Bragg) Goodall CJc for sale. I refer to this as the Holy Grail Goodall as it combines all the best of Jame's personally hand crafted work: AAA Brazilian back and sides, Master grade Adirondack top, Extra curly Koa body and headstock bindings, bent cutaway, in his most desirable CJ body style, personally made by James and Luke in their Ft. Bragg shop. This is an extremely rare Goodall, and one of the finest to emerge from James shop.

Specs:
* Completed: December 17, 2009 in Ft. Bragg shop
* AAA Brazilian Rosewood back, sides and pegged veneer
* Master Grade Adirondack spruce top (can use light or medium strings)
* Abalone rosette with slotted Mother of Perl diamond fretboard inlay
* Bent cutaway
* Gotoh 510 Gold tuners with ebony buttons
* Extra Curly Koa body and headstock bindings
* Ebony: fretboard, fretboard binding, bridge, bridge pins, Bone nut & saddle
* Mahogany neck
* Clear pick guard
* Includes Original Ameritage humidity control case - mint condition as well
* String Spacing: 1 ¾" Nut; 2 ¼" Saddle
* 15 ⅞" Lower bout width
* 4 ⅜" Depth

In January 2016 I visited James at his shop in Ft. Bragg with this guitar. (He is located 7 hours from me). At that time I had James remove an LR Baggs Anthem PUP installed by previous owner (I'm not a fan of UST's nor do I like the preamp, battery and other electronics inside my guitars), and install a K&K Pure Mini passive pickup - both James and my favorite PUP. James also did a complete set up and thoroughly inspected the guitar - pronouncing it "awesome" and one of their best guitars ever. (I don't think he was biased!). No issues whatsoever. Here is the link to the thread I posted from this visit to the Goodall shop:
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=418067

Sound:
Everything you would expect from a Goodall guitar with this amazing wood combination! "Choirs of angels" comes to my mind every time I play it. I still get an ear to ear grin when playing this - it has that "something special" that sets a great guitar above all others. Truly stunning crystal clarity, balance, and that renowned Goodall sound times 10! Finger style on this thing absolutely blows me away. And of course when strummed, the note separation and balance brings out something in the chords that I have not heard in any other guitar. It is truly one of the finest guitars I've come across, especially at this price. (I don't have the ability to post any sound clips, but I can guarantee that this will exceed your expectations!).

Condition:
I've used this a handful of times at church for very special services. Otherwise, this guitar has been restricted to my music room, and always stored in it's case when not being played. I live in the ideal "guitar climate" so temperature and humidity are never an issue here (average 70 degrees and 45-50% humidity year round), though being over-obsessive with my guitars I still monitor the humidity in all my guitar cases and in my music room.
I've gone over it carefully and there are only a few almost imperceptible marks on the guitar that I can find. There is a tiny (⅛") indent on the lower bout binding, but you really have to look for it to see it. There is a very, very slight, tiny impression on the back of the headstock near the 2nd string tuner, and an even smaller, imperceptible impression on the back of the neck - you cannot feel it and you almost need a magnifying glass to see it. You really have to look carefully in the right light at the right angle to see these. These are impossible to photograph, and quite frankly, for a guitar that is over 7 years old it is about as perfect as one could hope for. There are the usual faint marks on the headstock from string changes (could probably be polished out, but they are so faint I don't think it's worth attempting), and some slight pick scratch-marks on the clear pick guard.

Current price to build this guitar today (with Ameritage case) is in the $16,000 range. I'm offering this world class, Goodall for XXXXX - 5/21/17 - REMOVED FROM MARKET. NO LONGER FOR SALE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please contact me via PM here on the forum. We can progress from there to phone contact and direct email if there is a serious interest.

I've done many transactions here on the AGF, and can provide references from several respected members.

Photos below....

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer

Last edited by Coastman; 05-21-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: REMOVED FROM MARKET. NO LONGER FOR SALE
Old 04-22-2017, 03:48 PM

Oh wow!!! If only this popped up a month earlier!
I just acquired 2 Goodalls so I already have my fill.

There's just something magical about the Goodall tone and shimmer that hits the spot for me. Love their neck profile too and the CJ is my favorite size.
Wish I was in a position to acquire this one. This is WELL WORTH the asking price.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Old 04-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
Oh wow!!! If only this popped up a month earlier!
I just acquired 2 Goodalls so I already have my fill.

There's just something magical about the Goodall tone and shimmer that hits the spot for me. Love their neck profile too and the CJ is my favorite size.
Wish I was in a position to acquire this one. This is WELL WORTH the asking price.
Thanks Rye! I'm with you re: the Goodall magic. Thankfully I still have a smaller body Goodall GC (Redwood/EIR) for my Goodall fix, though it does not come close to the magic of the Brazilian CJ.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Incredible Goodall alert!

I have played this beauty and it is everything, and then some, to Mike's product description.
It also has a comfortable and luxurious feel to go along with the undeniable sonics.

A solid opportunity for any discriminating guitarist.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
Incredible Goodall alert!

I have played this beauty and it is everything, and then some, to Mike's product description.
It also has a comfortable and luxurious feel to go along with the undeniable sonics.

A solid opportunity for any discriminating guitarist.
Thanks Mike (tippy5)!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Wow! This looks like quite a guitar. There's going to be a lot of people that develop G.A.S. by just opening this thread.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

I had one just like this in Adirondack and Madagascar Rosewood that was just a tone monster of an instrument. What a dream guitar, good luck with your sale!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 04-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Bump for a great guy and an amazing guitar. Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Liv View Post
Bump for a great guy and an amazing guitar. Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks Don!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-23-2017, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
I had one just like this in Adirondack and Madagascar Rosewood that was just a tone monster of an instrument. What a dream guitar, good luck with your sale!
Thanks Bobby! It really is a dream guitar!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 AM

Just stopping by to do my morning drool ritual...
Old 04-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Let me state the obvious here and say what an incredible guitar. I would love to hear that first open E strum and hear the choirs of angels! Wowza

Old 04-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

I love all my guitars always believing quality is top notch and library is filled with dreads and 000/OM's only.

Then I press the stupid classified button on this forum and see something like this and my stupid Jaw just drops.

Wow what a beauty!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanheeg View Post
I would love to hear that first open E strum and hear the choirs of angels! Wowza

Think "Hallelujah Chorus" with that open E chord!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars