The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-25-2017, 07:57 AM

Default Portable MS recorders

I love MS recording and was thinking about a portable recorder for ambient gig recordings as well as when recording live playing.

Here's currently using my iPhone 6+ and factory built in mic.

https://youtu.be/6UWo9FXFKVc

How does the zoom H2N stack against the sure MV88?

The MV88 on an iPhone could be used to record ambient sound and a video angle at the same time.

Or maybe the zoom would be more versatile and be able to use along with any camera should I upgrade plus I can use audio from iPhone if I needed to?

I really don't care for straight XY so mostly interested in a decent MS for my ambient recording.

I'll also take a multitrack feed at the mixing desk in the future but one thing at a time though.

So something to sync with video, record ambient sound of event and utilize with making YouTube videos or the like.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
BTW no more then price of the H2N please.

Thoughts?
Old 03-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

You have identified two solutions already. Dunno if there are other solutions under your stated price cap. One advantage to the Shure M88/iPhone setup is the ease of recording video and audio.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD