The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Guest 219

Default Cort Sunset NY w/ B-Band A11 Sound

Hello everyone...

I have been a long time visitor to your forum but now find myself in need of your advice. So here I am!

I just bought a used Cort Sunset NY. It's a nylon crossover guitar. I like the body style, neck, and overall design. The guitar does have 1 major problem - the B-Band A11 Sound System. The system includes an Under Saddle Transducer. I have never heard any other guitar that has so much "hiss" coming from the preamp. Just to make sure it wasn't my cable or amp, I plugged in my Breedlove N250 Atlas. That one is very quiet. So the problem is with the B-Band.

I have seen another post on a different web site but there was no resolution. So maybe this preamp is simply a bad design? The Pickup?

I am not opposed to swapping out the piezo or preamp. I just need to make sure that whatever I get that it will fit in the chamber cavity.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification