The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-17-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
What city are you in? im an NYC street player and I work a almost everyday, winter included.

My owner experience with a slew of options has led me to my mainstay, a Fishman Loudbox Mini (though I will probably buy a Loudbox Artist as it is the best all around amp for what I'm doing that I've yet tried). The other amps I own that are true contenders are:

Schertler Jam 100
Genz Benz Compak 300 8"
Fishman Loudbox 100

All of these amps I do currently own and all are more expensive than the Loudbox mini. The mini is smaller and as its already been well used, I think I'll use it until death before pressing another amp into daily service.

There are plenty of intriguing choices I haven't yet tried and a couple of them would be first tier choices for recommending others try ( judging by what people I trust say about them and/or features that make them look juicy):

For AC amps to run on inverter battery power:

The AER Compact 60, Compact Mobile, Domino and a reference amp I can't remember the model number of are extremely well thought of.

Henriksen Bud

Phil Jones makes a couple of interesting options.

Bugera AC60 - well reviewed by a guy here who is a critical listener and its light weight and inexpensive.

For battery built ins:

Sunrise M8 something or other ( a dual channel, battery powered 8" with effects) is, by the video just posted, looking like it's probably the all in one to beat.

Carvin s600b
Wow thanks for the reply. The bulgera ac60 looks amazing so cheap. People are comparing it to the AER compact mobile.

I think im going to stick with my cube EX as my main busking amp atm. Although there are defenently better sounding options. Cube EX is incredibly virstile and i can use it as a seat.

But im going to have a mini busking rig and part of that will be the lunchbox jr. Even if its not the best for an acoustic sound i think i can get myself to enjoy it plus it will defently sound good when playing slide which i do just as much as acoustic standard tuning stuff Only problem is if i dont like it i will have to pay £30 to send it back to the shop. Plus i can use it when im jamming with my freinds as an electric guitar amp, they have an electric drumkit and we dont play that loud. I can stick my guitar pedal in it to
Old 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM

I made a mistake with the name of the amp 'll most interested in hearing right now. It's not a 'sunrise', it's a Sunburst gear amp, labelled through a new division called Elite Acoustics .
the nmodel is A4br8-8 and it was very recently revealed to us AGF people on another thread and by a guy whom calls himself 'Dogdog49' (great scoop Dog!)

Will soon sell on Amazon. Apparently $550.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
ac33, acoustic, amplifier, lunchbox, mobilecube