The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 AM

Hey Doug.......... (Thanks again for your input!)

You know, just going through the process of explaining everything here I was also struck by and agree....... hmmm 97% success aint bad. And in the 3% I can at least now see several things (after the fact) I could have tried.

Being a recovering engineer I am thinking that maybe I need to actually write a troubleshooting list for myself and attach it to my gear so that I can remember all the things I have learned so far (turn off all wedges, flip phase, turn off stage amps, get sound hole cover, don't set up in center of room.... etc).......

Still, did use highlander based system for years before K&K and only had feedback craziness once......... Dual source is certainly trickier.......... will have to think on it some more..........

Any other input is welcome........
Thanks all!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Lee View Post
Hey Doug, thanks again for the reply........

I agree that in the Bose Compact one (in hindsight) I should have just turned it off and DI'd from the SPS1.
Hi Ivan...
I own a Headway EDB-1 and it's always either just a backup or sits at home and gets lonely. I've actually been thinking of gifting it to someone who needs a preamp and is in a fairly simple situation.

Either that, or I may begin to think of it as a chance to use the pickup in one channel and an external mic in the other.

It's lack of ability to separately EQ has been it's great limitation to me. Quiet, and lots of control, but the inventor sees it as a single source choice with lots of options (he and I have dialogued and he dislikes dual source rigs).

Your SPS-1 will bring great diversity to any situation, and I'm anxious to see where you go with this 'issue'. Life is too short to be wrestling at gigs with my equipment.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification