The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 AM

the mojo vibe is very cool. I had a plain one and sold it for lack of use. Now I have a Mofo mini vibe.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
NICE setup. Is that a buffer between the ZenDrive and the Full Drive? Is your Volume Pedal first in the chain? Does it suck some tone? I really want/need a Volume pedal. Are you running dual delay at times with the El Cap and the Flashback? I have been playing with that using a Wampler Faux Tape Echo and a Flashback.
Thanks...I finished putting it together just a couple weeks ago.

*Not a buffer..that's preset switch for the Strymon delay. Gives me access to another complete setting. My preset has everything bumped for ambient stuff and swells.
*The chain: FD70>Zen>FD2> vol pedal> mods & delays. The vol pedal after the dirt gives me another level of gain control.
*I tried an A/B comparison with the vol pedal in and out of the chain.....maybe my ears are not that refined, but I don't personally notice any tone issues.
*I don't use rhythmic delay or both delays on that much but when I do I set the FB for dotted eights and use the audio tap to match the Strymon. Really terrific pair of delays.
Heard GREAT stuff about the Wampler!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM

heard a killer dual tap delay today by audio visual.......anyone have any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM

also thought the jekle and hyde pedal was cool too.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

It's not too complicated: Couple or three overdrives to stack (good and easy to find: OCD, Fulldrive, Rt. 66, TS9 or 808, etc.) plus two good delays, at least one of which has tap tempo, and a class A amp set up not too trebly, with some reverb - I use the Vox AC15 C1. If you want bonus points, play a semihollowbody guitar and use a delay with modulation on the repeats, but the above will get you 90% of the way there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification