The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-22-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman555 View Post
I had an eerily similar problem to your small bodied Furch with a custom order from BSG, which is another Czech maker. The guitar would not play in tune and after taking it to a guitar tech I found out that the saddle was out by 1.2 mm. The company did not acknowledge the problem despite me sending them photos with measurements and a video of intonation issues. They did offer to have a look if I brought (!) the guitar over the their workshop in the Czech Republic. I decided not to do that (just in case they find no issue) and had a custom bridge built. Otherwise the guitar is perfect, so it was a very annoying experience and very poor service from the company.
I see. Well at least in the end Furch agreed to pay for my luthier s work to correct the scale of the guitar which was 650 mm. I wanted a small body guitar with a regular scale and 12frets. Anyway yes it was annoying. I don t know why i got the EIR to crack after 2 years without any shock. Maybe is it because of a faulty craftmanship at some point during the guitar building stages...

Anyway my point is just that they are far from perfect in term of quality control and building process. And not being able to verify that a bridge has been glued too far despite pointing out the problem with videos is quite worrying if you ask me for a company like them.

My point being. When you buy a furch guitar, you d better try it first and ensure it s got no defaults before buying it.

Avalon Custom Auditorium Fan Fret Sinker Redwood/Ziricote
Furch 34 SR Stahl (custom) - Sitka/EIR
Classical Hanika 58CF - Alpine/Cocobolo
Yamaha LS16 - Engel/EIR
Alvarez MSD1 - Cedar/Mahogany
Breedlove C25 - Cedar/Mahogany
K-Country 1975 - Sitka/Mahogany
upcoming :
Michaud Made OM-R - ARW/ Swiss "moon"
Astrand A-OM - MRW - Euro Bearclaw
Old 05-05-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspear View Post
But??? haha!!!
Well, I don't know about Furches. But Taylors are certainly not in the same league with a Lowden or Avalon. Well, maybe their pallet guitar.

Will never understand what people see in Taylors. You can buy a far better Larrivee for less money.
Guild D-140CE
Luna Art Nouveau
Blueridge BR140
Schecter Diamond Series S1+
Michael Kelly MKD52CE
Michael Kelly Forte Port
Yamaha FG-160-1
Alvarez AD60 etc..
Old 05-05-2017, 11:22 PM

I've tried several Taylor's against the Furch, comparing using identical wood combinations with their equal size counterparts, and the Furchs have stood out more often than not..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 04:03 AM

I'd personally go with Lowden wonderful guitars
Yamaha SLG200S
Yamaha NTX1200R
Taylor GSMiniE Rosewood
Joe Brown Uke
AER Compact 60
Marshall AS50D

Now 100% Acoustic and loving it ! No more GAS
Old 05-06-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Relic View Post
I'd personally go with Lowden wonderful guitars
Absolutely.
The thing is, there's no way I could afford a Lowden at the moment. A Furch, maybe.
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 05-06-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Absolutely.
The thing is, there's no way I could afford a Lowden at the moment. A Furch, maybe.
my sentiments as well. Furch provides great guitars at a price point that is hard to beat.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtergod View Post
Well, I don't know about Furches. But Taylors are certainly not in the same league with a Lowden or Avalon. Well, maybe their pallet guitar.

Will never understand what people see in Taylors. You can buy a far better Larrivee for less money.
I will never understand the need to bash a brand of guitar. I would take Taylor over Larrivee any day but both are good guitars with different tonal characteristics.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:15 AM

there all great SS, ya could gig ;n make a living with any of 'em - and hopefully make some people happy.
go try 'em out and buy the best one U can afford, come back 'n play us a toon - that'd be nice.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:44 AM

Seems strange since America is a melting pot of foreigners with foreign sounding names.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Absolutely.
I haven't played a Furch/Stonebridge but looking at their prices, I would suggest trying out some McIlroys. The pricing is right in the same ballpark.

I have a Lowden F and a McIlory A and love them both. Favorite? Well that depends on the day but the McIlroy is lighter on the wallet!
Old 05-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

"The Furch, while not lacking in overtones and richness, has a stronger fundamental tone than the McIlroy."
Doesn't the choice of wood effect whether there is a strong fundamental tone? For instance, to my ears, mahagony back and sides for a guitar have a stronger fundamental tone than rosewood.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion