The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-06-2016, 06:50 AM

Default Grace Design Felix/general preamp effects loop: looper?

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if anyone knows this, but can I run a looper pedal like the ditto x2 through the effects loop of the Felix? I am pretty sure I can, I am just not sure if the looper would pick up my signal through the loop. I realize it would be easier to just run it before the input of the felix but I am trying to run effects through the loop.

I am using the Felix as an example since I own it, but this question can apply to any preamp/DI that has an effects loop (venue, spectrum, platinum pro etc).
Old 09-06-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if anyone knows this, but can I run a looper pedal like the ditto x2 through the effects loop of the Felix? I am pretty sure I can, I am just not sure if the looper would pick up my signal through the loop. I realize it would be easier to just run it before the input of the felix but I am trying to run effects through the loop.

I am using the Felix as an example since I own it, but this question can apply to any preamp/DI that has an effects loop (venue, spectrum, platinum pro etc).
I don't see any reason why not. FWIW, I use several pedals in the FX loop of a Radial PZ-Pre with no problem.

Louis
Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I don't see any reason why not. FWIW, I use several pedals in the FX loop of a Radial PZ-Pre with no problem.

Louis
Thanks! I guess I was just worried about a looper. I wasn't sure if a looper pedal in the effects loop would pick up a signal. However, I am pretty sure the signal goes through the loop so it should be fine.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:21 AM

I used to run a TC x2 through the efx loop on a Fishman Spectrum di and it worked great
Old 09-06-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Thanks! I guess I was just worried about a looper. I wasn't sure if a looper pedal in the effects loop would pick up a signal. However, I am pretty sure the signal goes through the loop so it should be fine.
The whole point of an FX loop is to route the signal through a set of pedals or effects units. It shouldn't matter whether it's a looper, a delay, reverb, whatever. And depending on the sort of pickup you use and the kind of pedal, the FX loop might be superior to putting a pedal before the Felix. I use the loop because the first pedal in my FX train is an EHX Mel9, which needs to come first after the preamp stage--and I use a passive pickup.

Louis
Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 AM

Excellent, thanks guys! Honestly, this was a case of me over thinking/worrying for no reason. Glad to know that it will work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification