The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-30-2014, 11:59 PM

Talking 2 free strats in one week!

Yes it happened....so get this.a friend of mine calls me up last week and says "hey I'm getting a new telecaster this week you want my strats?"me..."sure that would be awesome"
As I get to town I'm wondering which ones he was talking about.(he goes through guitars like I go through tacos...trust me that's a lot).lo and behold he brought them out.the first one is a fender star caster.i bought it in Austin and traded it to him.its in pieces but it's all there.its not worth much but this guitar I have really loved and regretted selling it.
Now for the grand prize...a 20th anniversary squire.man this thing is beautiful and sounds awesome!it needs a white knob to be replaced with a black one but that's it.im really excited to own these and just wanted to share.there not high end but I don't care I'm happy.heres the pic he threw in a case too.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:00 AM

Nice! Free guitar is a great guitar, regardless of the condition! Awhile back I helped my neighbor clear out their crawl space - They gave me a squier from it that we found - covered in stickers and sort of beat up. Got the stickers off, got it a set up, and found out it an early Japanese squier, which is actually an incredibly good guitar and very collectible.

The Starcaster has a neat look to it - I like it when they color the headstock, sometimes it really works. I'd throw some cheap electronics in it!

The other squier looks nice too - I'd try to get that horrid looking sticker off, though. I know the 20th anniversaries aren't very special, because every squier that year got the mark, but I didn't know they came with a humbucker pickup. That's kind of sweet.

Nice catches!
MIJ Vintage Squier
Hofner Ignition Series Bass
Takamine G-Series Acoustic Guitar
Fender CD160 Twelve String
Fender CD220 Acoustic Guitar
Old 07-31-2014, 08:22 AM

Maybe throw some electronics from http://www.guitarfetish.com/ intothe Starcaster?

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 07-31-2014, 09:23 AM

What a score!

BTW, your username "gnr87rules" ... that's for Appetite for Destruction, which was released in '87, correct? I saw that tour live when they opened for Iron Maiden in '88.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM

He'll yes dru!I love gnr ,metallica ,the scorpions,def Leppard.I saw them live June 1rst 2013.changed my life forever.richard fortus is a beast.the fact that you saw them on tour in there prime is really cool I bet it was awesome.rubin I would love to see pics of your Japanese strat.as far as the starcaster goes I have all the stock electronics in it so I'm just going to get it all wired up.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Nice score! Getting your old guitar back is very cool. Congrats!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr87rules View Post
He'll yes dru!I love gnr ,metallica ,the scorpions,def Leppard.I saw them live June 1rst 2013.changed my life forever.richard fortus is a beast.the fact that you saw them on tour in there prime is really cool I bet it was awesome.rubin I would love to see pics of your Japanese strat.as far as the starcaster goes I have all the stock electronics in it so I'm just going to get it all wired up.
Cool. GnR, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Def Leppard, Scorpions, etc ... I learned many of their songs on electric back in the late '80s. Fun music to play.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:56 PM

I love those old starcasters! Congrats. Only thing sweeter than a new guitar is a free new guitar!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:23 PM

Nice score. The price was right! I like that Squier

~Dave
~Music self-played is happiness self-made
Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 PM

So true drue !there will never be a time like the 70s through the 90s.having my old strarcaster back is awesome I love it.i broke in the squire today on some lead stuff man it sounds good.action is smooth like butter.this one is a keeper as is the other one

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars