The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-23-2011, 06:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

I made a webpage for the BRW/German mini-Dread that I delivered about an hour ago. It is right here. She came out right where I expected. The customer was so happy he paid me for her right on the spot. Actually, that's normal, but he did seem as pleased as I thought he would be.

The two sisters are actually very similar, but the BRW has the edge for me. Mostly it is the subtle quality of the tone; fuller and deeper. It's not the bass itself, but a sort of authority. For those who are not clear about what it is with Brazilian, the two guitars represent a potential for education. Unfortunately, the moment has passed. The Cambodian sister is half the price and 97% the guitar. Also, she is available, the BRW sister is married.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Man, I want that guitar just for the neck.

Love the veneers and the subtle inlays.

gits: good and plenty
chops: snickers
Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM

That was beautiful. wow.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
It was great fun...I was the proverbial kid in a guitar store as numerous Sexauer guitars surrounded Bruce and I, each of us grabbing a different one as the mood and tune dictated...

Personal and I would venture to say audience highlights were Bill Monroe's "The Kentucky Waltz" Howard's afore mentioned "The Tennessee Waltz"...Bruce's intriguing "Sandstone Cliffs"...and "Moonlight In Vermont"...

Eric Schoenberg's and Tim Weed's presence in the audience upped the ante nicely....!

I'l have more to say about my whole trip soon...!

Larry
Man, I wish I could have made it up to the Bay for this one! ugh... I played in Topanga Canyon and a crazy, drunk woman almost attacked me because I didn't know all the words to a Stevie Ray Vaughan tune. (Thank you to her sober boyfriend for saving me.) I would have rather been at this event.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop