The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 12-28-2014, 11:50 PM

Default Eastman AR380ce

Anyone here played the new low end Pisano they came out with??? Really considering dropping some coin on this one but have not found much about it. Was thinking of the 371, but notice the top pickup on the Pisano is right at the base of the neck, I would imagine this will give better jazz tone? Sure is a pretty looking guitar IMO. A 175 is out of range for me, was looking at the 503 as well but this new model after i saw it made me stop for a bit here.....Jerry
Old 12-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Hi Jerry,

I haven't played the 380, but I did own an AR371 for a short while. I bought it new and thought it was a truly wonderful guitar. It was gorgeous, sounded great, and played like butter. It had a few minor cosmetic issues, as might be expected at this price point, but honestly it looked better than a lot of American made guitars that hang on the walls of Guitar Center.

Again, I can't comment on the 380, but it was wonderfully easy to get a good jazz tone out of the 371. I only sold mine because a "holy grail" type guitar became available shortly after I bought it, and I had to part with some gear to purchase the "grail" (which has also since been sold - go figure!).

I can't imagine that you would be disappointed with either. Best of luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops