The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-01-2002, 01:40 PM

Default Announcing the debut CD...

Folks...It's with great enthusiasm that I announce the release of my debut CD, Second Son, available now.

It's forty minutes of Taylor-inspired acoustic guitar music over eleven tracks, including eight original works, three covers of Steve Howe and Greg Lake, six instrumental and five lyrical -- all recorded, mixed, and mastered 100% within my home studio. The price is $12.50 (inclusive of s/h charges) when purchasing direct from me through Paypal. Small initial inventories for online purchases have also been established with online vendors CD-Baby and cdStreet for $10 plus applicable s/h charges. Until additional inventories are requested and furnished to these online vendors, I assure you I have many copies available direct.

For more information and to order your copy, visit my website at: http://rickduke.opsyhopsy.com

Recently, I was also one of the donating artists from Volume 1 of the TGF CD (track Blue Heaven). Sample downloadable tracks are available for pre-listening, as well as links to a couple past Gods of Music reviews.

Makes a great Christmas gift, too. Hope to make listeners out of many of you...

Rick Duke
Old 12-02-2002, 01:55 PM

Congratulations. I'll be sure to order a copy. Hope you do well with this project.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:13 PM

Thanks, Liv. I just hope I can break even and/or make enough to finance a second.

Rick
Old 12-06-2002, 05:45 AM

Question

Hey Rick, it looks great and probably sounds even better.
Question for you, since you made your CD's w/ Oasis, will they be available on Amazon.com too? I thought I read something saying they offered sales through Amazon.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:23 PM

All they say is you're a "priority" customer with Amazon, whatever that means. Amazon doesn't charge a setup fee, but they do take disproportionate share the sales (about 60%). Doesn't seem like a very good deal for indies.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:08 AM

OK I see, so there is a bit of a catch.
I think i'll put mine on Amazon just to take advantage of popular distribution. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:17 AM

Taylor007...You wanna swap CD's? If so, send email. Then we can rant and rave about each other and maybe get these other folks here interested enough to buy.

Rick

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification