The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-08-2002, 06:57 PM

Default 414RCE and the One Night Stand Band

Just thought I'd drop a line about performing with my 414RCE at the company holiday Christmas party last Friday night (6th of Dec).....we had an electric bass, a harmonica, 3 blond babes and yours truly on my 414RCE...did two songs.....the first being Florida Christmas (tbondo original which did not make it onto the XMAS CD....maybe next year) on which I sang vocals and the chorus (remember the blond babes) sang and danced (maybe wiggled is better) while the bass rumbled on (Scott Lee -- excellent job...my wife said that the two of us were perfect) and the harmonica did some great fills (John Steffes from the Motor City)......crowd was going nuts and having a good time...then we rolled into Bobby Magee with one of the babes doing lead vocals, the harmonica getting a center spot on the chorus mike , and the bass and guitar staying tight.....the vocalist (Lisa Tamblyn) had some trouble finding her spot on the mike, but we made it thru and had a great time.

People came up (about 300 in attendance) and congratulated me on the band like we were an established act....I told them thanks.

My wife told me that since it hadn't been mentioned, she was telling folks that the first song was an original. Guess she liked it too!

Thanks for reading...
Old 12-08-2002, 09:24 PM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun Tom!

Maybe you should do it more than once a year!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification